 LEGOLAND / California / 462
Re: Parking Lot Sale At Legoland California!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 01:46:36 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Conrad Frank writes:
Tent Sale Event

Save:
up to 70% off MSRP on LEGO toys
up to 80% off on LEGOLAND merchandise

Selection includes many different 2002 LEGO toys, including Jack
Stone, Explore, Harry Potter, Galidor, Racers, Studios, Soccer, and
Alpha Team.

Event runs from 12/20 to 1/5, 2 pm to park closing time. Tent sale
event will be closed on 12/25.

I almost forgot to post my pics of this event -
I was there on the first day, the 19th, and snapped this photo of the line
waiting to get into the tent:

...I was about halfway back in the line, and it was another 30 minutes wait
from that point.  That was just to get in.  There were two seperate lines at
least as long inside the tent for purchasing checkouts.  Gaakk!

Later on, here's a glimpse of the interior:

Despite the crowds, everyone was in good spirits and enjoyed their purchases.
The tent sale opened a day early for some special group of patrons, I guess,
but I just hopped in line anyway, not knowing what was going on.  I got a nice
surprise, however.  I had to leave the sale to get some lunch, but I came back
again a couple hours later when the line was substantially smaller.

Ed