 LEGOLAND / 352
Re: LEGOLAND is NOT closing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 16:27:07 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, jamie berard wrote:
   In lugnet.announce, Ted Michon wrote:

   I’ve had a dozen or so people tell me at our current LTC show in San Diego that “LEGOLAND is closing, TLC is quitting business, etc.”. Today, even my very competent boss told me that LLCA was closing and he gave me his source. A “Marketplace” segment on NPR. I tracked it down (http://marketplace.publicradio.org/shows/2004/11/29/PM200411296.html), and sure enough, that’s EXACTLY what the story said -- in the voice over introduction. I downloaded the whole thing and the actual story just mentioned the intent to sell and was a lovely story on the joy of construction toys in general and LEGO in particular.

FYI: This is how rumors get started.

(BTW: I sent Marketplace a comment suggesting they correct the web post.)

-Ted

A correction was aired on the show about a week ago with the deepest apologies of Marketplace. I guess LEGO is just looking for an outside company to run/manage the parks. Marketplace confirmed that there is no plan from the LEGO Company to close the parks.

jamie :)

Too bad I couldn’t likely convince EDS to take over the management and make me a sys admin out there... that’d be schwing...