 LEGOLAND / 195 (-20)
  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) They are LOM light blue. Jeff (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) I believe that the Maersk sets are still the only sets with *that* light blue color in them. I think there is a general misconception that LOM light blue & Maersk light blue are the same, which they are not. Jonathan (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

On Sat, 12 May 2001, Shiri Dori (<GD82Av.E82@lugnet.com>) wrote at 12:20:55 (...) Are these Maersk pale blue or LoM pale blue? I thought they were the same, until I compared them. (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) Plus (although granted this is a new addition) the belville sets... but there's only, like, two pieces in there. -Shiri (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) So how do they handle 141 colors with 2 digits? Hex? Octal? ;-) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

Jake, They may be feeding you that line, and you may believe it, but it's simply NOT true. Take a very simple example - light blue. There were, what, TWO sets that had lt blue bricks/plates in them previous to this year, both Maersk sets? There is (...) (23 years ago, 12-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) Well I'm going to put in my 2 cents worth, and say emphatically that there are lots of parts in colors that I have never seen in any set before, especially things that haven't been around for a long time. I remember seeing a Lego model of the (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) Yep, just updating on the info I have been given in the past as an AFOL. As I said earlier in the thread, I am going to check and see if it is just part and color, or part/color combos. It will probably be next week before I have an official (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) Actually, In the book "The World of Lego Toy's", which, the company I work for published,it states that no special parts were made for Legoland Parks but, special colors were & are used. (might not be verbatim). Jonathan (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) I am with Todd and others on this point. I would dispute that claim. I have seen a number of parts in "Maersk(r) light blue" that I am pretty certain have never been sourced into a set or publicly available in bulk. I would challenge you or (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

I don't want to get into a heated argument here, but Kevin is very right. Legoland has part after part in colors NEVER produced in sets. All you need for proof is to walk around Miniland. While I don't much care what color Lego decides to make (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) Yep, that's what I have been told. I might have misunderstood about the color/part combo, but I am positive about the parts. They might be 20 years old, but at one point ol' Joe Consumer could have picked up up in a store. I will check on the (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) Parts maybe but colors is not true. Model builders can order parts from Billund in any of 84 (currently, 141 ever) "colors". Note some "colors" contain sparkles or other textures. Many of these have never been sold to the public. A huge number (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) Jake: Seriously? Do you mean that every single part that is used in a Legoland model has been available for purchase by Joe Consumer at some point in time (even if it was just a promotional on some ferry traveling between Vunderbagen & (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) It makes sense, but unfortunately isn't true. I have seen parts in Legoland that have never (IFAIK) been in production. One that leaps out is the 2x2x3 corner slope brick in tan (used in dresses on some of the LL-scale figs). Another, really (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) Actually, the point is that there are no parts made specifically for models built in LEGOLAND (any location). All parts have been avaliable to the consumer at one point in time. There aren't any color/part combos that were never sold, and no (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) But that's a bloody blatant lie -- or at best a half-truth. (I don't mean that you're lying, I mean LEGOLAND is.) I mean, LEGOLAND can get: * colors that aren't available to the public * older pieces (in some cases) that are no longer (...) (23 years ago, 11-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) ...and this would be exactly why I would think that Lego _should_ sell all the varied parts they use to build their mega-models and their Legoland parks. It's sort of the attraction of auto racing. We look at these guys going a zillion miles (...) (23 years ago, 3-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) But that whole attitude seems to be contrary to the signs which are all over the place saying "these models are built with the same bricks available to you [the customer].", which to me implies that the only difference is that TLC can afford (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

  Re: Why Gary cannot go to Legoland.

(...) Miniland is only a small part of the LEGOLAND experience. I doubt we'll have roller coasters and Castle Burgers in our backyards anytime soon. Castle Burgers... Yummm (I swear they taste just like a Whopper). The biggest "problem" they will (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.legoland)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact