 LEGOLAND / 141
140  |  142
Subject:
I am a VERY proud dad!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 07:26:06 GMT

Well as some of you know there was an auto show here in San Diego over the
weekend. And Sunday was kids day sponsored by Legoland. So I took my son
down there to see the cars and to get the free lego set they gave out (set
#8246 - I *still* do not like technic). Well they had a car from the
upcoming Technic ride, the real life size and a prototype model of it. - it
looked pretty cool. They also had the build and race setup for the kids. It
is a shame you could literally see the parts disappearing from the tables
and into peoples bags :/ But they had a building contest for the kids, 2
sets first set was for kids 6-9 and a group for 10-13 - so I rushed over and
signed my son up, I was kinda worried because he is only 6 and he would be
going up older kids. So when his group went up I was hoping for the best -
first prize was a family four pack of primo passes!!!!  They had 10 minutes
to build, and my son loves to make spaceships so thats what he built, and
with the really cool parts (they kept hidden and off limits until the kids
used them in the contest) he had a really cool spaceship!! When the time was
up he took it up to the master buildier to tell him all about it. My son can
be shy and I was surprised when he did not really have trouble talking into
a mic in front of lots of people. After all the kids did the same they
announced the winners, and my son won first prize for his age group!  I
wonder who was more exicted, me or my son! I have pics of everything, and as
soon as I get them developed I will post them. I am soooooooo excited, no we
can go to Legoland all the time!  WHHHHOOOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!! I just had to
brag, being the proud dad I am! I just think its funny, we were at the auto
show for almost six hours, and we only spent about an hour looking at the
cars! Almost the entire time we were at the lego tables!