 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6147
Re: Lego Factory questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:56:25 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
   Also, is the current Lego Digital Designer program the same one people will use to make models for ordering? And if so, is the “initial palette” available to use (so we can start designing our models right now)?

At the Lego Factory Website http://www.lego.com/eng/factory/default.asp? there’s a note in the bottom-right saying:

“Coming soon! New version of LEGO Digital Designer and LEGO Factory Gallery. Stay Tuned! ”

My best guess is that this will be the new programming for the new palette support. However, LDD has setup a standard of file format, and I’m sure that anything you build now may be ported over to the new palette with ease (they’d be stupid not to allow this).

Personally, I’m going to be starting designs now, and hoping for this ability. The palette will be limited, so I’ll just cross my fingers that the bricks I choose are available. Otherwise, I’ll just have to rebuild and regroup. That’s the beauty of the system: mltiple solutions to one problem. For every brick not available in the LDD Factory Palette, I’ll just need to come up with a different building alternative.

Here’s hoping LDD Factory is worth coming out of a LUGNET Communications Dark-Age. If it is, who knows how my GPA may be effected.

-John Rudy