 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 6005
Re: Chocolate Lego Bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:38:51 GMT

FUT: lugnet.general

"Mark Bellis" <mark.bellis@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message
news:Hvyyy8.wvo@lugnet.com...
I've just bought my first sets with the new colours in and the new brown • colour
is the same as a popular brand of chocolate (candy) here in the UK.  As a • safety
engineer I would be concerned about an increase in children eating these • bricks,
especially with 1x1 bricks of this colour in set 4410, which is for 4 year • olds.

Perhaps chocolate Lego Bricks would find a niche in the sweets market,
subcontracted out to a suitably ethical sweet manufacturer?  It's a bit • late for
Easter this year though.

So lets recap...

You're "a safety engineer"...
You're "concerned about an increase in children eating these (brown)
bricks"...
Therefore you propose "chocolate Lego bricks would find a niche in the
sweets market".

So by that reasoning if we're concerned about children eating medicine that
resembles candy...
a "safety engineer" would propose making candy that looks like medicine?

Hmmm...  interesting approach. 8-)

I guess the "co.uk" explains the *interesting* idea.  I guess it all depends
on how you define safety.

For the record, when I was young, I would occasionally put Lego pieces in my
mouth for no apparent reason other than the texture was pleasant and the
taste was not foul.  I did not chew on Lego though.

My mother expressed her concern that I would choke, and so I stopped putting
Lego in my mouth.

If children are too young to play with Lego without thinking it is candy,
then they should not play with it unsupervised.  Or dirt for that matter,
for they might think it is chocolate and eat it - a mistake I only made
once.

Also learned while quite young, an earthworm in the mouth is a peculiar
experience that mother disapproves of.