 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5669 (-5)
  Parts Library (was Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0)

How complete will the parts library for this program be? Will it include all the parts TLC has 3d computer models of or will it be limited somehow? What about decorated/printed parts? Minifig parts & accessories? Stickers? Sails and capes and such (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

I can see this being a great thing as long as: 1.it doesnt have any artificial limits on it 2.the LXF file format is documented and there are no restrictions on using it (ref the TLC patents mentioned earlier in the thread) 3.it has support for all (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Isn't that redundant? [ -> .off-topic.geek ] (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

In lugnet.cad, Jake McKee writes: <snipped Jake's announcement for brevity - since I'm sure you've all read it already!> First of all, this sounds very spiffy. It shows that LEGO is really taking the AFOL community seriously, and that is (and always (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

Hi Jake! (...) Sounds great! (...) I'm very excited by this idea. I'm glad you are planning to work with what the community has developed and used. As you mentioned in the previous paragraph, this provides an excellent opportunity for kids using LDD (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact