 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5659 (-5)
  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) I also hope you're proven wrong, but the presence of an NDA would seem to indicate otherwise. Either way, I'm willing to work on cross platform tools if the Digital Designer software is more popular with my kids than Creator was. (...) I don't (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) But, whether or not it's meant to compete, it will compete, won't it? Or will it have such a limited parts selection that only kids would want to use it? What about the more complex powerful LEGO building tools mentioned below? Won't those (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Ya, that would be a lot like Adobe's approach to PostScript. It's a closed language in that Adobe has decreed that they are the official purveyors of enhancements to the language, but it's an open language in that it's extremely well (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Ok, maybe things have changed. Originally TLC was talking about releasing parts as files. My understanding is that they have three "quality" levels of parts: high quality, medium quality, and low-quality. The high quality parts are what their (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

This is great timing and I'm very encouraged by what you've outlined here. I'd like to throw in my "me too" post about supporting other platforms in addition to Microsoft Windows(TM) and that the LXF spec be publically documented. It's reasonable (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact