 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5654 (-20)
  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) FWIW, the VP at TLC who is quoted as saying this actually ended up leaving TLC not too long after the 7 Dec 2000 press release. On 18 Mar 2001 (101 days later), a Bang & Olufsen press release announced that Sørensen had left LEGO and would (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Oooh. I had forgotten about that. If this option of ordering the elements needed for a design were included in the package, I would suddenly develop a better liking for CAD... :) (...) Software in general, as I have noticed, tends to be (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Is this the program announced three years ago? "And in 2002, we will begin a program where LEGO builders will be able to build any three dimensional creation using free software to create building instructions for their model - and then order (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

Lots of good comments, this is very exciting stuff, ne? (...) Those aren't the only two alternatives. It could well be closed (changes controlled by LEGO only, rather than by a standards committee) but still well documented rather than (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) [...] I'm excited about the progress, and thankful for your sharing the news with us, Jake. It's good to know that TLC/LD continues to take into account the adult community's dreams and hard work, while planning for their future. -Suz - Yet (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) By that I assume you mean true ABS. <grins and smirks> Nothing beats the real thing for complex and powerful... IMHO... Seriously though, I think what you are announcing here is great for the future of the community and its ability to further (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) I don't think LXF is going to be a parts format, it sounds like it's a way to exchange models only (think of it as LDraw with only type 1 lines). Out of curiosity, how do you plan to solve the problem of different parts library having parts (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Sounds great! (...) Have you considered following that spirit all the way and making the software open source? I know that's a big step, but other big companies have done the same with great success. I'm particularly concerned that this very (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

(...) Perhaps Digital Designer could offer third-party "plug-in" capabilities (import/export) for reading and writing LDraw files...similar to the way Adobe Photoshop works. But having some command-line tools to do the conversion would probably be (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Announcing LEGO Digital Designer 1.0

All, I would like to take this opportunity to announce a cool new project many years in the making. I hope you find this as exciting as I do. == A new LEGO building application == LEGO has been making building software for many years now (like LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 29-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

(...) I concur! I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I noticed the site had been updated. The navigation is much cleaner than before! I especially like the Flash nav in the products section. I usually hate the use of Flash as a navigation (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

Suzi, why do you think it's a girl ? :PPP If it's really a girl then she will be very nice when sge grow up. ;) Rene (...) ...snip... (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

Dear LEGO, Just wanted to say, "Cool!" and thanks. :-) I like the changes to the LEGO Company website! It *is* new, right? because, I'd swear it changed only a few days ago.. yet I saw no mention in lugnet.lego.announce or lugnet.lego.direct. I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: Molds - I just don't grok the economics

Another clue to the economics lies in the sets' price per piece ratio. Some of the Designer sets go for as little as 5 cents/piece while Jabba's Palace is nearly 13 cents/piece. Star Wars licensing, raw material costs (for larger pieces), etc. are (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Molds - I just don't grok the economics

(...) First, it is a feather in the cap of the LegoDirect division NOT to resort to the creation of new molds or making a new mold for an old part where no useable molds exists. So for now, their policy is NO NEW MOLDS. But that is only LegoDirect, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Molds - I just don't grok the economics

Well, as for the cypress tree issue... Lego Direct is responsible for all the new re-releases, and it doesn't seem to have the power to make new molds, I guess to cut costs for more AFOL-targeted models. While the big fad models made outside Lego (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Molds - I just don't grok the economics

As I was building 4480 Jabba's Palace, I was thinking "nice pieces, useful colours, but what will I do with all those Jabbas if I buy more of them?" Then I thought to myself ... Why it is uneconomic to make new molds for cypress trees etc which (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Where are the compressor pump sets?

i actually spent time on the phone with lego today inquiring about this kit. i need one so badly. they are available in europe, but not the us. how frustrating. i need the tank more than anything, and the nice people at S@H agreed to send me one for (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

Can I have a wild guess at what you want to make? Duq "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HDFq5p.otr@lugnet.com... (...) pump, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact