 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5644 (-10)
  Re: Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

(...) I concur! I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I noticed the site had been updated. The navigation is much cleaner than before! I especially like the Flash nav in the products section. I usually hate the use of Flash as a navigation (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

Suzi, why do you think it's a girl ? :PPP If it's really a girl then she will be very nice when sge grow up. ;) Rene (...) ...snip... (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Updated lego.com: Fresh'n'Clean

Dear LEGO, Just wanted to say, "Cool!" and thanks. :-) I like the changes to the LEGO Company website! It *is* new, right? because, I'd swear it changed only a few days ago.. yet I saw no mention in lugnet.lego.announce or lugnet.lego.direct. I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  RE: Molds - I just don't grok the economics

Another clue to the economics lies in the sets' price per piece ratio. Some of the Designer sets go for as little as 5 cents/piece while Jabba's Palace is nearly 13 cents/piece. Star Wars licensing, raw material costs (for larger pieces), etc. are (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Molds - I just don't grok the economics

(...) First, it is a feather in the cap of the LegoDirect division NOT to resort to the creation of new molds or making a new mold for an old part where no useable molds exists. So for now, their policy is NO NEW MOLDS. But that is only LegoDirect, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Molds - I just don't grok the economics

Well, as for the cypress tree issue... Lego Direct is responsible for all the new re-releases, and it doesn't seem to have the power to make new molds, I guess to cut costs for more AFOL-targeted models. While the big fad models made outside Lego (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Molds - I just don't grok the economics

As I was building 4480 Jabba's Palace, I was thinking "nice pieces, useful colours, but what will I do with all those Jabbas if I buy more of them?" Then I thought to myself ... Why it is uneconomic to make new molds for cypress trees etc which (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Where are the compressor pump sets?

i actually spent time on the phone with lego today inquiring about this kit. i need one so badly. they are available in europe, but not the us. how frustrating. i need the tank more than anything, and the nice people at S@H agreed to send me one for (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H: Where are the compressor pump sets?

Can I have a wild guess at what you want to make? Duq "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HDFq5p.otr@lugnet.com... (...) pump, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact