 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5054
Re: Would you buy it?????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:51:06 GMT

In lugnet.build.mecha, Christopher Snead writes:
You realize, of course, there is a very nice way to stiffen those joints
significantly in both axes.  I'll post it in a couple of weeks, but the
technique is very similar to the plate hinge stiffening technique.

I should've know better than to say "loose joint" in front of professor snead!
You'd be disappointed to hear this Chris but I haven't even had a chance to
use these in any build yet, even though I swore I would.  Lack of time more
than anything.  Eventually I suppose, I'll have to pull them out of deep
storage and see how you might have stiffened them.  I've spent the few spare
moments I've had playing with the ribbed technic hose technique.

Personally, on my wish list is a larger, stiffer ball and socket friction
joint.  But I am personally very happy with the SBD multiaxis click joints.

I forgot about that one.  I'm in complete agreement here.  The more compact
the assembly the better.  Maybe quarter sized circumference?

When you coming down to SoCal again?  I'll be back east by early september.

sun