 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 457
456  |  458
Subject:
ldraw.org Kidvention Thanks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.events, lugnet.cad, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:17:48 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey everybody..

I'd like to take the time to thank many people who played a critical role in
making the LDraw demonstration at Kidvention a successful event.

First off, A HUGE thanks goes out to Lego Direct - Brad Justus, Heidi Bailey,
& Heidi's assistant Danielle.  Thanks first off for providing for us to make
the trip, and being enthusiastic about us coming.  Also, thanks for providing
the parts to construct MIBO from LDraw instructions to demonstrate a complex
model actually being built there from LDraw output.  MIBO's presence was a
HUGE hit both in our exhibit and when we took him throughout the park.  It was
a pleasure working with you.

Also, thanks goes to the Legoland California staff - Lisa MacDonald, Natalie
Donahue, and Kidvention producer Bill Anton.  They were the ones which
arranged our event on the Legoland side and did an awesome job at accomodating
us.

Thanks to those I spoke with from the company, the various model designers
from Billund, Enfield, and Carlsbad who all were wonderful to talk to, those
from Lego Media and Consumer Affairs.  You guys were great!

HUGE thanks goes out to Terry Keller and Mike Poindexter.  Both of you worked
very hard to help out our display and gave a tremendous amount of your time
and energy to help out.  Without the critical help of both of you, the event
couldn't have been what it was.  Mike - thanks for the help with MIBO, and the
use of your printer to make the photo-quality posters we displayed.  Terry -
thanks for all the help with rendering and POV-Ray issues.

Bram Lambrecht came out and brought some AMAZING models of his and did an
awesome job of talking to the people about LDraw.  It was great to be able to
see his MOTM winner Pentapterigoid Fighter, as well as his really awesome
Colonial Viper and Tanker Truck.  Also - thanks for helping out a lot with
MIBO construction and prorgram troubleshooting.

Thanks goes to those who allowed us to display their (physical) models -
Terry, Bram, Joseph Gonzalez, Eric Kingsley (MOTM Winner B-Wing), Dan Siskind,
Larry Pieniazek (hope I didn't miss anyone).

The Michon family - you rule!!  It was great hanging out with you throughout
the week.  For those of you who don't know, Thomas Michon, 13, is a national
and international Lego Champion for his model 'Amerigoround,' and they set it
up by our display to show as well.  David, 9, is a national Lego Champion (I
believe) and brought his really cool space satellite station.  Ted & Susan -
thanks for being so much help and encouragement around the event.

Thanks also goes to GMLTC for being such an inspiration and being so much fun
to hang out with!  Rickey - I just can't get enough of your vehicle designs!!
:)  And Bill's fire engine blows mine out of the water :)

Additional thanks - Tim Petsche, Dave Johann, Adrian Egli.  And thanks to all
the other Lugnuts who came out to meet us.  Some of you I remember,
unfortunately I can't remember you all.  Some of you I remember but forget
your names, etc etc :)  But meeting everyone was a BLAST and this entire week
has been unforgettable thanks to everyone at Lego and those from Lugnet!
Thanks Guys!!!!

-Tim Courtney

I sincerely apologize if I miss anyone who feels they deserve a mention.