 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4493
Re: Great LEGO SAH catalog supplement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 01:41:07 GMT

On Wednesday, May 1, 2002, at 08:18  PM, J G Gregory wrote:

Today we (in Massachusetts, USA) received the special SAH catalog
featuring
the new SW stuff (and the old stuff).  It is a tour-de-force in
marketing.
I haven't seen any advertising, anywhere, that made me want to have it
all
as much as this does.

Haven't seen anyone else comment on it, so I thought I would.

--Jack Gregory

I'll second that enthusiasm! got mine yesterday.

  <voice=Darth> Most imPRESSive.. </voice>

I've been a big fan of TLG's product photography for years, and I'm very
happy to have some brand new, EXTRA-huge, super-cool, wicked-close-up,
snazzy scenes to oogle over. Yumm. Those bricks look so real, I could
eat them.

And I agree with Jack, this brochure really packs a wallop. On finishing
my initial browse, I tried to imagine what it'd have felt like for some
poor innocent recipient who had never seen Star Wars LEGO before.. whew!
I think LUGNET will have some new visitors soon.

Now, on risk of sounding like a complete dork.. I'm just letting you
know... that this item will be a favorite piece in my LEGO literature
collection. (ha! you fools! I would have paid money for this!)

-Suz