 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4324
  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) I agree. I would be really happy if someone would explain what the eBay offering is really about. (...) Isn't the actual number of 10 of these sets an even lower production run. ;) In all seriousness, I may not have described my theory (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

[snip] (...) I would disagree here. With the good part assortment in hard to get colors, that background would no doubt sell very well. Not to display the engine but to cannibalize for parts. (I know Allan, you do not buy just for the sake of parts. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) This is very true. However, the REAL concept of the Limited Edition has to be taken into consideration. The example you gave is not a "real" limited edition. Sure, there were only a few dozen of the same design made. That is true. But the real (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) That's not correct. The document just says that you have a limited edition, not what number. And the stickers are not personalized. There is a *printed* tile that is personalized, however, with a unique number from 1 to 9999 for each set. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)