 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4282
  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) No, icky that: (...) I can imagine many potential reasons why LD wouldn't rcv the profits, but my question was meant literally. (...) No. Well, I think that's up to subjective judgement. But, assuming your question was aimed, at least in part, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

I agree with you Suz, I don't like this idea. It's not like Lego doesn't make enough money selling through normal channels, why inflate the price of an item by auctioning it? If they start doing this with all sets, I have a feeling they are going to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) Too bad, isn't it? When I read about the Lego direct auctions, I was a bit skeptic at first about the whole concept. If you think about, look at Disney Co. They do the same thing with their products. I remember checking out Ebay once, and they (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

<snip> (...) I agree with you, Suz. There is an uneasy feeling in my stomach. The reason why is because throughout the years, despite feelings to the contrary, LEGO was always first and foremost about PLAYING. This is the first step towards LEGO as (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) Well, I doubt Lego does do stuff like that... But I guess if he wanted to, the President could probablly snatch the 400+ dollars in revenue ONE of these Auctions would bring... (...) Aren't we all? :-) (...) Well in general, I have to agree. I (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) mint, (...) Since a true collector won't open the box, it follows that it doesn't matter what is in the box (because they will never know, as opening the box reduces its value). So to realise its value, the collector must believe without (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) Well, actually no. The first instance of lego as a collectible would simply have been people keeping sets in a collectible condition (which has been going on for quite a while). Another previous instance of TLC marketing things in this manner (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)