 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3600
Re: New 2002 Soccer Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.sports
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:18:24 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Main writes:
I just saw the images Tim posted from the new 2002 Lego lineup.  The new soccer
sets (http://www.fbtb.net/2002/08.jpg and http://www.fbtb.net/2002/09.jpg)look
like they've incorporated a lot of improvents over the originals (larger goal
area, sliding fielders).

Will Lego S@H offer any upgrade packs to those of us who have one (or two) of
the original soccer fields? (3409)  I would love to get a set of the deeper
goals and/or sliding fielder plates as an accessory pack.

--
Thomas Main
main@appstate.edu

I think the new goal posts are interesting...I think they look neater, but I
also think you should be able to score easier with them.....except if you
don't have the new motorized goalies.... That was on the second page!!

I would like to think that the sliding fielders would be offered as an
accessory pack, much like the "field expansion pack" was offered.

Good idea -- in the meantime set 3421 looks like a fairly small set with two
sliding plates. I don't think it has the new goals though. The oversized
gloves in the goalie set 3422 look pretty cool too!

--DaveL