 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3307
Re: Much Appreciated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 17:58:44 GMT

Wow, well said!

Echo, ditto, and well done, bravo!

Legomaster
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Legomaster

In lugnet.lego.direct, Shaun Sullivan writes:
Hi Jake et. al,

I just wanted to offer you (singularly and plural ...) some praise.  I've been
extremely impressed with LEGO's official presence on Lugnet, and the way LEGO
has been handling various issues lately; for example, the withdrawl of 6776 and
the errors in the Metroliner/ClubCar packaging that you just posted about.  It
is extremely gratifying to see a company, be it public or private, making a
sincere effort to address consumer concerns and take the proverbial high road.
Without getting into any of the discussion about whether 6776 should/shouldn't
have been pulled, it's clear that the decision was made, at the risk of some
undesirable coverage, for good and well-intended reasons.  The decision to
publicly preannonce the packaging errors, while at the same time presenting
some already-established solution procedures, was also a much-appreciated
touch.  If everybody stood up and took responsibility for their mistakes
(whether intentional or not, whether real or perceived), and offerred the same
level of creative effort in addressing them that LEGO has shown lately, it
would be a much less cynical world.  So here's one vote of thanks and heartfelt
appreciation for what I perceive as a job well (and inspirationally) done.

A company with a conscience ... and they said it couldn't be done.

-s