 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3229
Re: Not to sound impatient, but It's the end of the week...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 20:31:15 GMT

Bob Parker wrote:

Yup, I know about about the phone ordering being avaible, but I want to wait
for the internet to place a rather large order of other stuff and didn't
want to be on the phone for a long time.  I assume that if I order in-stock
sets at the same time as Backordered items, I still only pay once for
shipping (since several of the sets I'm ordering are backordered, I sure
hope this is case).

But thanks for pointing out the availability through the S@H phone service!

Regards,

- Bob

Hi Bob,

Well, my experience is that, yes, you only pay for shipping once - even
when you have backordered items.  Unfortunately, S@H seems to take this
to extremes.  On a recent order, my Lego arrived in 5 (five) separate
shipments, due to backorders becoming available on different dates.  In
the middle, I received a letter letting me know that some items were
backordered and would take a while.  Each shipment was accompanied by a
waybill printed on three sheets of 8.5"x11" label paper so that the
shipping department could peel the small shipping label off the last
page to stick on the box.  I think they spent more on the label paper
than I paid in shipping and handling.

Not that I don't appreciate the prompt delivery of my items, but I'd
have traded that for the situation 15 months ago when Shipping and
Handling was included - I mean, we *do* wind up paying for these costs
with high product prices and/or high handling fees.

Just my 2c.

Jeff E