 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3195
3194  |  3196
Subject:
Qualitu of product description on www.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 09:52:51 GMT

Jake and Brad,

I find your web shop very useful, but there's one thing which is becoming
increasingly annoying lately.
Especially for the larger sets, I would expect some serious product
information before buying.
Each item only has a one-paragraph description, most of which is often
consumed by tacky saleschat.

An example:
'The Manas, fearsome giant crabs, guard Makuta's lair and can only hope to
be defeated by Toa who have collected many masks of power. Make these mighty
beasts compete in combat, with the victor disabling his opponent. Set
includes two remote-control Manas and two multi-channel handsets.'

Ok there is finally some actual product information at the end, but before I
put out that kind of money I would like to know if the remote control is IR
(probably), what 'multi-channel' exactly means (multiple channels per
receiver or just two receivers on different channels), whether motors (one
or two) are integrated in each receiver. Is it compatible wit Mindstorms and
in what way (e.g. the Mindstorms remote control and messages from the RCX)?
I don't consider this extremely technical questions.

Another example is the newest large Technic set:
'This 4x4 shows no fear! Its air-filled tires roll over real off-road
obstacles, and hydraulic systems keep it running smooth. Add a motor for
backyard explorations! Includes alternate building instructions. '

Before buying I would like to know more details about new features and
mechanisms. How many 'hydraulic systems' are in there? And by hydraulic you
probably mean pneumatic? (You may wish to write quotation marks around the
word hydraulic to not imply actual fluids).

This all means that I actualy have to wait for new sets to appear on our
shelves and learn from the depictions on the boxes.

Thanks for the other great things you do, especially the exclusives.

Eric