 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2823
Re: And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:46:52 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Tom Stangl writes:
Nah, that doesn't make sense.  What WOULD make sense is ONE corner wall
and 2-4 straight walls.  Otherwise, you'd only be building skinny towers
over time, to use up all the excess corners.

IMHO.. Any time you put more than one kind of part into a pack, you run into
the problem of how many of each to put in. This is true EVEN when the parts
are "paired" like hinge tops and bottoms. So this is a real challenge. No
possible assortment can please everyone. And offering each part separately
isn't practical yet.

In this case I would agree with Tom, that a higher straight ratio is likely
to be better for the majority of builders, but in general, who can say?

I suspect that the number of builders who would have serious problems would be
relatively small. One way you can get a higher ratio of corners would be to buy
more Guarded Inn sets (may not be terribly practical depending on your ability
to use the other parts), the other way would be to trade with folks who don't
want the corners at all (this last would probably result in AFOLs over all
having more corners than they want).

Of course I'm not that convinced that a red tudor wall parts pack would sell
all that well, though I guess if it were reasonably priced we would see a bunch
of towns with several red tudor buildings.

I agree with others though that a parts pack would be better off with white
tudor walls.

Frank

Frank