 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2783
Re: And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 20:36:56 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Brad Justus writes:
LEGO Direct is pleased to announce the arrival of a new product series: LEGO
Legends. LEGO Legends are reissues of landmark LEGO sets -- perhaps the
first set in a particular playtheme, or a set widely acknowledged as a
superlative building experience, or perhaps simply a much beloved set.

And the first LEGO Legend is (the envelope please)...

The Guarded Inn (set #6067).

Brad, please accept my thanks and congrats on such an incredible
achievement!  I really think this is huge.  From my personal
standpoint/opinion, it's far and away the most impressive announcement from
Lego that I can recall in a long time.

I still remember quite keenly how annoyed I was that I could only afford a
few copies of this set from the Shop-at-Home catalog, even at clearance
prices, back in my college days.  To be sitting here reading this amazing
news -- and to just now have bopped over to the website and ordered a few,
for about the same price as almost 15 years ago -- is just...

Cool beyond words.

Which, I should add, is also my opinion of the Guarded Inn.  I'd like to
echo Suzanne's hope that the original designers/producers of this set get to
share in all the warm glow of today as well.  Forward some of these replies
around, would you?

Again-- Thank you!

Kevin