 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2760
Re: And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 16:27:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tom Stangl writes:
What rare parts does Airport Shuttle have? What would be involved in putting
them back into production (speculation)?

I don't know, why don't you list them for us?  ;-)

The monorail motor, the monorail motor cover, the monorail chassis pieces,
the various track pieces used... those were the biggies in my estimation,
with the monorail motor being an order of magnitude, or *more*, (1) harder
to put back in production than any of the others.

1 - Consider the implications of what is involved to manufacture a part that
has a motor and gearing within it. It's not a matter of just putting a mold
back onto a molding machine. You have to put a whole assembly line back
together, or farm the work out to a third party.

++Lar