 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2755
Re: And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 15:31:58 GMT

Alright, I'm not usually one for "me too!" posts, but WOW!

In lugnet.lego.announce, Brad Justus writes:
LEGO Direct is pleased to announce the arrival of a new product series: LEGO
Legends. LEGO Legends are reissues of landmark LEGO sets -- perhaps the
first set in a particular playtheme, or a set widely acknowledged as a
superlative building experience, or perhaps simply a much beloved set.

WOOHOO!
Wow... Wow.
I'm still in shock.
Wow. This = cool.

And the first LEGO Legend is (the envelope please)...

The Guarded Inn (set #6067).

<Faint>
<Awake>
Wow, musta dreamed that whole thing. Darn.
<Read>
<Faint>

The set is complete, with all parts exactly as included in the original
release in 1986.

Well-- I'm assuming a COUPLE things will be different-- those couple things
being:
- hollow minifig heads instead of solid
- double clipped saddle instead of single clip

But who cares! I like the newer heads and saddles better anyway :)

LEGO Legends will not
be issued frequently -- likely only a few times each year.

Sounds frequent enough for me! :)

Well, for that, you'll just have to wait...
for the *August* Surprise.

WOOHOO! August! (Told you it was frequent enough for me :)

DaveE