 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2736
Re: And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 08:44:04 GMT

Argh!  It's showing on the site now, but I can't backorder it!

I know, I know, it's only a matter of time, they obviously use several different
databases for the shopping experience.  But I was ready to get some sleep, dangit!

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:

Heck, the set really doesn't impress me much.  I DO like the Tudor walls, and
would love to be able to buy the straight and corner ones separately in bulk, so I
could build decent-sized buildings.  I DO like the hanging sign.  I LOVE the blue
chalice (so if anyone parts any out...).  Beyond that, there's not much there to
excite me.

But I WILL be buying 1-2 for display, and probably a few more for parts.

I can't wait to see what else is brought out, especially TOWN.  That's got to be a
heated argument if the set hasn't been decided.   PLEASE, not Police/Fire
stations!  While I'd love the garage doors, if you're going to go for a garage
door set, think 6369, 6383 (oh yeah!), 6391 or 6597.

Frank Filz wrote:

richard marchetti wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Sid Mark Dinsay writes:
Well, I guess people who've paid more than $150 for those old Guarded Inns
feel pretty ripped off right now.  :-D

No, they shouldn't feel that way.  They should feel silly.

I have been offered 6067 for approx. $65 USD and still refused it -- it just
wasn't worth it to me. I will gladly buy several Guarded Inns for $25 a pop.
Anyone paying really crazy prices for sets or elements does it knowing that
they are being stupid. How do I know? I have paid $15 USD for just the red
maiden hat before!

And I don't feel bad about having paid $3 each for Guarded Inn walls. I
probably would still consider paying that much (but don't worry, I'll be
lining up a decent order of these tomorrow, I've been plotting how to do
something with the 4 sets of walls I currently have, another 4 or 8 or
12 sets will make a real nice Inn).

Frank

--
Tom Stangl