 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2706
Re: And the July Surprise is...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 01:26:59 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Sid Mark Dinsay writes:
Well, I guess people who've paid more than $150 for those old Guarded Inns
feel pretty ripped off right now.  :-D

No, they shouldn't feel that way.  They should feel silly.

I have been offered 6067 for approx. $65 USD and still refused it -- it just
wasn't worth it to me. I will gladly buy several Guarded Inns for $25 a pop.
Anyone paying really crazy prices for sets or elements does it knowing that
they are being stupid. How do I know? I have paid $15 USD for just the red
maiden hat before!

Then again, I have enjoyed having such elements to play with in the meanwhile.
I blame myself and not the sellers for my own foolishness.

-- Hop-Frog (the frugal collector)