 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2592
Re: Bionicle Web Site Contest Tools Redux
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 20:28:12 GMT

One more thought: Though the contest is limited to four physical web pages,
what would the ruling be on content delivered via framesets? Can I post one
to four pages, but stuff extra info (but not more actual pages) into the
site without being disqualified? Same goes for Flash, etc.

Matt

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Matthew Gerber writes:
So...it's been a while now...has anyone received their Bionicle web site
contest pack yet? I haven't, and the stuff hasn't been posted yet to the site.

LEGO Bionicle team: If you see this, can you give us a new update on the
availability of the materials, please? I have yet to receive a response from
Leah Weston to my last e-mail, and nothing has been posted here. I know
there are several VERY excited folks waiting to get started on their
designs...don't kill our buzz now!

Also, I have read the rules for the contest, and have a question. Should a
web site created for the contest be kept private? It seems to me that since
entries must be snail-mailed into LEGO, the URL for the site should be kept
a secret from the general public except as used for the contest. Of course I
realize that if I were to, say, link into my Bionicle site from my personal
pages (but not back out again!) lots of people could see and enjoy it. But
by the same measure, said people could blatently steal anything from ideas,
to images, to the entire site and enter it as their own. Will entries be
judged based on order of entry as well, to help keep this from happening?

Just some thoughts.

Matt