 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2380
2379  |  2381
Subject:
lego should make multimodel instructions (ala 6861)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 02:20:36 GMT

much like they did with blacktron II and M:TRON.

Heres how it would work:
1.the lego design team would come up with a model built using only parts
from 3 specific sets.
Examples that would work
the alpha team helicopter, the alpha team cruiser and the alpha team
atv/sub
the life on mars mono jet, the life on mars t3 trike and the life on
mars solar explorer

basicly any group of 3 sets from the middle range of a system theme
would work (but only from 2001 lines otherwise the sets wont be
available anymore)

2.lego puts the instructions for the set online
3.lego makes small posters with a picture of the model, a url to
download it from and details of the required sets and such and
distributes lots of copies to toystores to hand out to customers

This is good for customers (yes I know that anyone could make said
instructions but only lego could get them out to everyone) because they
get instructions to something different to make with their existing lego

Its good for lego because they will get people to buy all 3 sets, which
is why the LOM combo would work (I own the first 2, if such instructions
came out it would make it a lot easier to justify buying the 3rd)
And its also good because people will start to realise that yes, all
lego is the same and all lego can be used together, which is something
that some people seem to have forgotton)

And it wouldnt cost lego that much to do, plus as I said they get extra
sales out of it (in theory)