 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 233
Re: bulk ordering is (not) here! (was - Re: bulk ordering is her e! )
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 15:44:31 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Geoffrey Hyde writes:
On a side note, those prices look relatively cheap.  Has anyone bothered to
calculate what the brick/price ratio is yet?  Does it even compare to bulk
buying entire sets and splitting them into piece lots?

On a couple of things (mostly grey bricks) the prices are tiny bit under what
I normally sell for (a penny or two per brick) but on some things the price is
higher, sometimes much higher.

The small selection alone will have very little impact on parts sellers.  The
prices will make that impact even smaller, save for a few things.  All it
really means for me is that I'll probably just start keeping my grey bricks
(the ones offered by LD, that is) and let people buy those from LD.