 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2058
2057  |  2059
Subject:
the need for the RIS 2.0 release date
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 03:57:53 GMT

First - to the people at LEGO Direct: I realize this is a long post,
but please take the time to read it.

Second - to everyone else: this is a reprint of some of the rampant
speculation that has been going on concerning the RIS 2.0 release
date. Skip this post if you want - it's the answer to this post that
will be important.

To LEGO DIrect:

For some months now there has been much speculation on the approximate
release date of RIS 2.0. Much of this has come from people contacting
LEGO through various channels and getting several conflicting answers
depending on who you ask in which country and in which office..
Unfortunately, this doesn't look good on LEGO in general, so I am
appealing to you to provide us with *some* reasonably reliable release
date to put an end to this nonsense. I must point out that I am
***NOT*** trying to pin anyone down on an absolute date, just some
rough idea of what we might expect. The speculated dates cover the
following periods: March, end of March, Spring, July, August, Fall,
and next Year.

Surely there must be someone at LEGO Direct who either knows the
current plans or can find out what they are and put an end to this
speculation.

The following are a sampling of messages that I've encountered in the
lugnet.robotics newsgroup alone:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 01:31:20 GMT, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Brian