 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 204
203  |  205
Subject:
Lego Direct Parts Selection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 19:59:27 GMT

Brad,

It's good to see you folks being clever about your limited piece
selection - not including the smallest bricks probably works out for
most of us.  Glad to see you're really exercising the grey matter on
this.

Now that I've placed my (1st) order, it's time to think about what parts
should come next.  Trying to bear in mind that you will want to produce
sets that will sell a large quantity, here's my $0.02 worth:

* 1x1 tiles.  For those of us who wish to decorate or become mosiacists,
these are a must.

* A few larger plates in the 4xn and 6xn categories.  Perhaps 4x8, 6x8,
6x16; we can fill the gaps with 2x4 and 2x8 plates that are currently
offered.

* Arches.  In particular, 1x5 half-arches, 1x6x2 arches, 1x3x1 arches
would let us build rafters, archways, and arrow slits.

* Tan bricks.  I'm not clear on the inclusion of red bricks and plates -
black and white seem obvious, and Dk. Green and Lt Grey are good brick
colours, but red bricks and plates are a much lower priority for my
buildings.  Tan is an obvious gap in most people's collection, and I'm
sure others would put forward Dk. Grey and Brown.

There are, of course, dozens of other pieces I'd love to see, but as a
first pass, if I had to pick 30 more pieces, they'd be on this list:

1x1 Tiles in 8 or 10 colours
4x8, 6x16 plates in 2 colours
1x5x3, 1x6x2, 1x3x1 arches in two or three colours
The existing bricks and plates in a "rare" colour - Tan, Dk. Grey or
Brown.

Thanks for your work thus far!  Keep it up!

Jeff Elliott