 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1961
  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

(...) I'd gladly pay a premium price for an unopened older castle set (6071, 6067, 6074, 6086 come to mind) before I pay full or even 70-80% of full retail for the junk they have on the shelves now. I bought my last new sets at 67% off and I barely (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

(...) Since i came out of my dark ages almost 2 years ago, I haven't paid MSRP for any non-SW set. As you said, the value for the dollar just isn't there. I echo the sentiment that I'd rather spend on the secondary market than pay full price for (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)