 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 126
125  |  127
Subject:
Product Suggestions & comments
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 28 May 2000 21:37:53 GMT

Attn: Lugnet readers,
      Lego Media,
      Lego Futura,
      Lego Direct,
      Mr B Justus,

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to make the following suggestions for new products. It should be
noted that some of these may already have been suggested by Lugnet readers. I
have tired to indicate where this is the case.

Phantoma-(previously suggested)-  A haunted house for Lego(R).

This would allow children to play out and tell ghost stories with Lego(R).
The idea would be too have a spooky but not scary haunted house. The sucess of
other haunted bouse related items (such as Goosebumps?).

In addition to new sets this theme would provide excellent scope for new
software ( 7th Geust was very popular but was defintely unsuited to children.)
A puzzle game based on a haunted house would be intresting. You already
publish puzzle books for Adventures and castle and haunted house present scope
for extension of this range.

Additonaly most themed parks have a ghost train? with the exception of
Legoland. Whilst I was not proposing a scary ghost train( due to younger
children) I was thinking more along Phantom Manor or Alton Towers haunted
house type of ride than "comic" ghosts. A haunted house theme in lego could
also lead to a hauntd house ride at Legoland!

Romans/Greeks - (This has been suggsted by others). This could be a new theme
outright or a new Antlantis subtheme of the Adventurers range(This was
defintly suggsted previously.)

The Works of Jules Verne? -  The works of Jules Verne provide excellent scope
for fanstsy lego that would make use of exsting themes. It could also revive
the currently lacking space theme in a very inovative way.  A jules Verne
theme would also enable undersea 'vehicles' to again be built. It also
provides excellent scope for minfing devlopment reusing parts from both
western and Adventurers series. It could also be developed as an alternative
to the Atlantean theme sugested for Adventurers.
(A side note is that parts between this and a haunted house range would be
reasonably interchangable if suitably designed..)

Lego(R) City/Town.... Please halt juniorization or at least provide additonal
more complicated sets for older builders. In 1992 I was very proud with your
town range, in 1999 i was was quite upset. Simmarly with trains..

Lego Direct is a very good idea! but please do not ditch service because of
it. From my understanding this is not you plan and i hope that I will still be
able to obtain spares in the current way in additon to bulk brick purchases.

A long time ago TLC/TLG produced a range a vintage car models, which did not
unfortunatly sell very well. I feel that a range of model cars now given the
larger numbers of AFOLS collectors and new parts in Adventures sets(amongst)
others would make such a range more salable now.

Linked to the above suggestion for vintage cars is a suggestion for a theme
along the lines of early 20-30's racing and/or avation.  This provide
excellent scope for development as those sort of planes are easily built with
lego(R) bricks. My idea in this area was to hava sort of raceway or air circus
type of set. I also feel that this set would be salebale both in europe and
America given the simmilarites in early car-racing and aviation stunts. I look
forward to your comments on this idea.

Finally with the release of Lego Studios and your partnership with Speliberg I
would like to ask if it is likley that we will see a Lego movie or TV series
in the near future?

I look forward to hearing comments on these ideas or
their use in new product lines!

My contact details are:
Mr Alex Farlie,
168 White Hill,