 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 1240
Re: Lego Reps
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 01:51:22 GMT

"r2" <lego@r2eng.com> wrote in message news:G4rJ14.C95@lugnet.com...
Are there Lego reps in each state. I have found that the local toy stores
here in Idaho are not very informed about new Lego products. Is there a • Lego
rep here? I usually try to inform them, but I don't think they really
believe what I say.

Rose

A couple of weeks ago I met the LEGO rep who covers the
Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area of North Carolina on a part time basis (the
job is part time by definition, not by choice).  I got a little insight and
combined with a conversation from the manager at a small toy store near my
house this is what I know.  The local rep only covers the large retailers
(TRU, Wal-Mart, Target, Zany-Brainy, etc.).  The smaller toy stores work
through a 1-800 number to order product and have no direct coverage by LEGO.
Two weeks ago the rep I met had not seen a 2001 catalog yet although
expected to in the next few days.  Other areas may be different but the
situation here in NC is the same as decribed to me by the LEGO rep I met
last year in Orlando.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com