 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *955 (-5)
  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) Well, since we are in picky word mode here, I thought I might point out the subtle, but important differences between liberty and freedom. Both quotes are taken from dictionary.com's definitions of liberty and freedom. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I think keeping it simple like the rest of the color names is good. Here's a few more - faded green or weathered green. I wonder what TLC is calling it? I mean besides NEW :-) Julie (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

(...) I was thinking along those lines too, but I think 'Liberty Green', due to the uniqueness of the Statue and the uniqueness (up to this point) of the set. We may never see these colour bricks elsewhere, though I hope we do. pete.w (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

In lugnet.general, John Matthews writes: Since we haven't given any other color a fancy name (light blue and dark grey, and not charcoal or azure, etc) I think that we should stick to something simple like "Dull Green." greg (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H exclusive minifigure has been shipped! (#3723)

As copper weathers, it gains a patina. This is what gives the copper the green color. I would suggest 'patina green' as the name we use for the color. Build On! John Matthews Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 20-Oct-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact