 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *5474 (-100)
  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) It's only sold out in Canada and US. With some luck for you "over there" S@H might ship a few more to US, they are on "Availible Now" status all over Europe and Australia/NZ and not "Call to check" so there must be a bunch left? Best regards, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Product Cycles (was Re: 2x4 Dark Gray Bricks Discontinued??)

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:H7zz7D.KrG@lugnet.com... [snip] (...) as (...) will (...) Although this tpoic has been well covered in the past, every so often it is good to raise again just to remind LEGO that the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

Try setting the delivery country to UK. I think that explains what's happened. JB (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8431 Sold Out -- "DISCONTINUED", says SAH!!!

(...) Just called Shop@Home. The man I spoke to says 8431 is DISCONTINUED!!! It just became available a couple months ago! Am I the only one who's shocked by this????!!! (...) - I'd still like this explained. Why is it still on the site at all if (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  8431 Sold Out

Dear LEGO Direct, Is 8431 sold out for good or is this just temporary? On SAH they show it as being sold-out and I was surprised there wasn't an option for back-orders. I decided not to worry but today I got my SAH catalog and I see 8430 but no (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 2x4 Dark Gray Bricks Discontinued??

(...) I was just talking with someone about this very thing yesterday. This item has been listed as "sold out" for a few weeks now. It is my hope that this item will be restocked soon and NOT discontinued. On a similar note, I have what could be (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.theory)

"Adrian Egli" <aegli@san.rr.com> wrote in message news:H7yI7C.2pD@lugnet.com... (...) me (...) They are still available with "ship to country" set to Germany. HTH. -- Cheers Carlo LUGNET #24 (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  2x4 Dark Gray Bricks Discontinued??

I just came back from a little vacation and decided it was a good time to get building again. I'm going through my bricks and discover I'm short of 2x4 dark gray. The SAH site says "sold out" but as a just-in-case, I call up just to make sure. OK, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Light Gray Tiles in set #10041

Hello, In set #10041, the LEGO Legends remake of #6390 - 'Main Street', it seems to me that for the rails of the building crane the original parts #812 - 'Train Level Crossing Center Rail Cap Insert' have been replaced by plates with tiles on top of (...) (22 years ago, 30-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: What the?! Where are the catalogs??

I was wondering this myself. I picked up the 4479 Tie Bomber two weeks ago expecting to find a 2003 catalog and was disappointed to not find one. I've always enjoyed browsing through the pages to see what was coming in the new year. Even with new (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) Only heard about a few Germans who did it in October, when this thread popped up. They all got wheels with at least 75% bad ones among them. As long as TLC (or the involved third party producer) has not done a design change back to the old (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) But what to do if you don't have a dremel or file? Anyone experience with sending the wheels back to LEGO Consumer Service for replacement? Don't forget that there are a lot of kids having train sets (especially with the Sinterklaas [December (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Next plain set ?

Hi all ! I received both "famous planes" from S&H. The are very cool. I guess that the next "famous plane" set should be the Supermarine Spitfire. Try to imagine this set in the same scale as both current sets ! LEGO please bring us this famous (...) (22 years ago, 26-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What the?! Where are the catalogs??

(...) Can't help, but I can add: one 2003 Star Wars set I got come with 2002 catalog (the second version), the other had none. I was wondering if this had something to do with a desire to keep 2003 sets more-under-wraps (esp. by not releasing the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  What the?! Where are the catalogs??

Ok, just curious, why don't any of the Orient Expedition sets include catalogs? I got three of them today and NOTHING. Is this LEGO being cheap or is there some kind of logic behind not putting catalogs in the boxes? Lou Zucaro lou@pause.com (22 years ago, 21-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) Ya! I think the current design thinking may need to be turned around/inside out a bit... several offerings of late feature weird agglomerated models (think about the McDonalds promo packs of a few years back)... individual models are cool, but (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) Now THAT is a great idea! I hadn't thought of it beyond 24 individual models, but a cumulative method has tremendous potential. They could, in fact, model a small town (and maybe include a baseplate shrinkwrapped to the back of the calendar). (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) Then perhaps it's time to change the design of the calendar. What about one small model on the first day (sticking with today's type of designs) but then the pieces on the 2nd day are additional elements that are specific to day 1, making a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) There are no separate building instructions in the individual bags so it sounds like you have everything. Maggie (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

I had a thought today on my drive home: While I agree that it is dissappointing that Lego made the two calendars identical, I wonder just how many possible, reasonably recognizable models can be built with fewer tan 12 pieces? I suppose this would (...) (22 years ago, 20-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) E-mailed using the form on the LEGO.com. They told me to keep the set as well. (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

Steve Tanner <bounga1@REMOVECAPSyahoo.com> wrote in message news:H7CnyL.K9y@lugnet.com... (...) been (...) Did you email or snail mail them. Usually they require you to ship the set back (at your cost). Rose (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

Did the advent calendars come with building instructions for the individual models? We dragged out ours from 1999 for our son (now 3). I can't find any instructions for it though, but I'm not entirely sure there ever were any. We kept all the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) I wrote LEGO to complain, and they actually refunded my money for the calendar. I didn't expect that... impressive. (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

(...) Whew, that makes me glad I *did* give my kids a Playmobil calendar last year, even though I was swearing to myself at the time about all the boxes you have to assemble-- this year the creator calendar is new to them. Plus I appreciate the "no (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Advent Calendar: 4124 vs. 4524

Steve Tanner <bounga1@REMOVECAPSyahoo.com> wrote in message news:H78D4H.B1E@lugnet.com... (...) because (...) However, (...) I (...) this? (...) I agree!! I ordered this "NEW" calendar from Lego and my 6 year old has been very disappointed that (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Description error in set #7414 Elephant Caravan.

Hi, There seems to be an error in the description for the new set #7414 Elephant Caravan at Shop at Home. The description states, that Dr. Kilroy is part of this set. Shouldn't this be Miss Pippin Reed instead??? Kecia (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 2003 Sneak Preview...

Very, very cool! Thanks, Jarid. Still Building, Josh (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  2003 Sneak Preview...

For those who have been asking about the release of our new 2003 products, we have some good news! As of today, you can get a sneak preview of our new NBA and Orient Expedition products at LEGOshop.com. Most of these are currently available for (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Catalog discount versus AFOL discount??

"Bert Waters" <lhwaters@hsc.vcu.edu> wrote in message news:H6zopK.HFE@lugnet.com... (...) .0799. (...) LEGO! (...) Ys, that was the ONE hiccup in the whole deal (and I feel extra bad because that was your bulk pack). Somehow, that escaped me when (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Catalog discount versus AFOL discount??

(...) Hey wait a minute Tim, you hung up too soon. You bought the 2x2 bricks for me. I hope a 110% satisfied customer also gets the 15% discount for his friend:) Next time you take the time and effort to add my items to your order, I hope you take (...) (22 years ago, 12-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Catalog discount versus AFOL discount??

"Eric Kingsley" <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:H6v3AJ.MJJ@lugnet.com... (...) catalog (...) NOT all (...) bulk (...) information (...) in (...) the (...) I (...) I placed an order by phone two weeks ago which included around 30 bulk (...) (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) Hmmm, these kind of stores are getting more and more scarce every day! I used to have some addresses in my neighbourhood, but some of them closed their shop :-( I also found some shop in the east of the Netherlands and there I bought lots of (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) You're right. You always should buy as many copies as you can. But as always, you're too late! The same concerns the Black Cat. When it was introduced back in '97 I bought one copy. The year after I bought my second one. When my mother said (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Where to buy Holiday Tree (WAS: Xmas "Loose Brick Holiday Tree" pack problems)

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:H6vou7.8o6@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) anything. (...) I (...) trunk. (...) one (...) To the best of my knowledge it is only available (actually I think "was" (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Where to buy Holiday Tree (WAS: Xmas "Loose Brick Holiday Tree" pack problems)

(...) Stupid question.... Is this kit available from Shop At Home? Or is it only available through the LEGO stores? I looked on the Shop At Home site but didn't see anything. Am I missing it? I saw Tom's scans and thought that was a really cool way (...) (22 years ago, 10-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Jake - Xmas "Loose Brick Holiday Tree" pack problems

I called, and after getting the rep to load my scans of the instructions and explaining the issue, they are sending out the parts. Stellar support from Consumer Affairs, as usual. However... JAKE! You might want to make sure they get the inventory (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Catalog discount versus AFOL discount??

Thanks Eric, for sharing your story. I was wondering if I was loosing my mind. I don't know what is so hard for Lego to understand. If they want to give you 15% of of bulk items, then do that--for all bulk items. They shouldn't restrict it to a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Jake - Xmas "Loose Brick Holiday Tree" pack problems

Haven't tried calling yet, but will do so soon. I scanned the directions that came in the pack: (URL) you can see from: (URL) of the 4 branches clearly contains 2 1x4 green plates, meaning 8 total for the tree, yet the inventory shown on (URL) only (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Catalog discount versus AFOL discount??

My experiance has been that the 15% discount it diseptive. For the catalog discount you only get the discount for items that appear in the catalog NOT all bulk items. Similarly I think the AFOL23 code only worked with the new bulk packs recently (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Catalog discount versus AFOL discount??

Hello, Hopefully someone can answer this question (maybe even another AFOL, if it has been discussed before). I recently placed a web order and used the AFOL23 code that Jake had given out. I thought that this code was to work similarly to the 15% (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) From "Toy Stack" in Glasgow, which subsequently closed down. They used to have some really good deals on Lego there. Jennifer (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Where were these half price? Rose Jennifer Clark <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:H6uvv6.pt@lugnet.com... (...) a (...) of (...) now (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) They were going at half price here a couple of years ago, I bought three of them, my only regret now is that I didn't buy more! I would buy another now though right enough, it is a good set that one. Jennifer (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Jake - Xmas "Loose Brick Holiday Tree" pack problems

I picked one of these up at the Chicago LEGO Store last Wednesday night (the only one they had too). Mine was also missing parts (24 1x2 green plates and 7 1x1 white tiles). I called Consumer Affairs and described the item (the woman I spoke with (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Jake - Xmas "Loose Brick Holiday Tree" pack problems

Jake? Any idea if Consumer Affairs even know this set exists? Will I have any problems getting the replacement parts? Do you know if they are working in correcting the inventory on the instruction sheet, and correcting the actual part inventory in (...) (22 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Joe, I don't know many beams I need exactly. Next year I would like to build a huge crawler crane (Mammoet) and first I have to study the real thing. Also I have to break off one of my current models which content a lot of red pieces. I know I have (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

(...) Even if you are not in the US, you can still get DACTA sets. For example, in Australia, Moore Educational (URL) sell this stuff, and the DACTA site has a list of all the suppliers in other countries. FYI, the cost in Australia is $16.50 (...) (22 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Dennis, I was just browsing on the Lego Pitsco Dacta site (which I know is US only), but they had a package of Red Beams: (16) 1x2 beam with hole (8) 1x4 beam with 3 holes (4) 1x6 beam with 5 holes (4) 1x8 beam with 7 holes (4) 1x10 beam with 9 (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Meta-Legends?

(...) I like your idea and the idea of theme buckets which I and other people have thought of. I do think that a more practical solution would be to combine two or three themed sets into a larger set for Shop at Home. (btw - remember in the late (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Why don't start producing and sell those 'classic' sets? I think there's a great demand! Next to such sets I'm also in search of red Technic beams. And, you've guessed, they're not available at S@H ):-( (...) (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Prolific Upcoming Weekend!

This could be a historic weekend for number of LTC showing at one time! I count: GMLTC PNLTC NCLTC SCLTC NGLTC NILTC Now *that's* impressive! Brace yourselves for the flurry of pics next week! Good luck to everyone! -John (22 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Well, if anyone overseas wants one, I can get one for them at cost with the following caveats/rules: They have to still be in stock ;-) 2 per person limit (though several people can have theirs shipped to one address to save shipping costs) Payment (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Maybe that's why it says 'Not available' in Holland. I guess it's one of those 'we found a few boxes on a shelf' that's only available in one or two markets... Duq "Paul S. D'Urbano" <durbano@optonline.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  5563 at LEGO Shop at Home

Hey all, Was just browsing LSAH and noticed the 5563 Racing Truck under the name "White Tractor Trailer Cab". Hasn't this been discontinued for a while? Maybe this will be a "white" Christmas for some Model Team fans who missed this one before... (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) Well, today I got not two...but three outstandingly straight wagon plates from LEGO®. When it comes to customer service, LEGO® is the hands-down winner I must say! -Harvey (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Jake - Xmas "Loose Brick Holiday Tree" pack problems

Jake, I just returned from a trip to LLC, and on the way there, we hit the Lego store in Downtown Disney. I was hoping that if you hadn't heard of the following, you could look into it before it causes too many headaches for Consumer Affairs. One (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)

(...) Thanks a lot, M. Moolhuysen There`s something curious: the cracks that appeared in my Technic Bush #3713 are not in line but perpendicular to the slot. My fear is that all of those cracked pieces would be unusable (If so, I wouldn't be able to (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.co, lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: "real" LEGO Hovercraft ? (with/without batteries/RCX "onboard")

While doing my initial searches to check if this could be done, I found this: (URL) a look at this: "What is the coolest model you have ever built? Apart from the destroyer I mentioned above, I think that the coolest models I have made are the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Meta-Legends?

(...) Oh me too, and I do think your idea would be great (I'd love it if they reissued all the Ninja sets as a big box). I just don't think Lego will go for it. James (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Star Wars Mini Promo - my disappointment with the way the promo was presented.

(URL) page above has a link which sends one to a page where they can collect a miniature Star Wars set, however, the promotion is only valid for US residents!! Could someone at LEGO please explain why there was an announcement in a tiny almost (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Meta-Legends?

(...) If there's a market for things like the Statue of Liberty sculpture, I believe there's a market for similarly-priced sets that are more traditional Lego System sets. Of course, the non-Star Wars sculptures have largely disappeared - so maybe (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Meta-Legends?

(...) I used Classic Space just as an example. It's a popular theme (& my personal favorite), but it's just one possible idea. There are plenty other themes/years that could get the same treatment. Town sets from the late '80's-early '90's for (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Thanks for the bulk packs

Hello Lego and LD, I haven't seen an official announcement, but wanted to say 'thanks very much' for the latest bulk offerings. I rec'd my brown tiles & 1x2 trans clear bricks today. I appreciate your attention to what parts are longed for and doing (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Meta-Legends?

I think the demand for such sets would be low - although a few hardcore fans might buy several, the mass market appeal is not there. Remember that the huge UCS sets have all been associated with Star Wars, so they have an enormous fanbase to aim at. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Meta-Legends?

"Paul Hanson" <paul.hanson@latitude.com> wrote in message news:H659v3.B0w@lugnet.com... (...) it's (...) happen. (...) parts (...) What about people who want to see a space set from a different year of issue? I'd say that depending on the year, (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Meta-Legends?

(...) Paul, I will give this one an 'A' for originality and innovation. But I have to disagree that it would make for a good practical solution. Here's my reasoning: 1) Some folks may only be interested in one or two particular sets from the entire (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Meta-Legends?

(...) If you do all that, you could be sure you won't have to bother about your (former) girlfriend. The main problem would be the lego storage problem. Regards, Michael (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Meta-Legends?

(...) Oh no! Think of the concequences (sp?)! I would sell my house to buy mega-sets like that! Where would I put my Lego when it rains? Where would my two cats and girlfriend live? /\/\ark "I would sell my house, realy!" de Kock (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Meta-Legends?

Hey everyone - I had a crazy idea over the weekend. I know this will NEVER happen, but I thought it was interesting enough to share and discuss. Most of us agree that the Legends releases are one of the best things that TLC has done recently - (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10054 Now Available

(...) If you look at here: (URL) see that's not all. They brought (back) the 33 degree slopes for the corners, and also for odd-sizes like the 3x3 and 1x3 sizes. They also have "small windows", which are basically transparent (clear) 1x2 bricks. (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  10054 Now Available

Just noticed that 10054 is now available on the S@H website. (URL) shopping & play well. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) Jerry, do try going the Customer Service route with your warped ones. As other posters relate, CS is friendly and helpful and will do everything they can to set you right. (sometimes they can't of course but it's not for lack of trying) If you (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) to (...) For those who do not know what we are talking about: (URL) how new baseplates often look like... (...) May work, but there is danger it deforms in another way. If the studs loose their binding ability a flat baseplate does not help (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) While I know someone else mentioned stacking a few together and let them sit over time, I have another solution that works well you just have to be extremely careful. If you have a toaster oven or just an oven heat it up in one of them. Don't (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

Call 1-800-233-8756 (Lego consumer affairs), have Lego send you replacement pieces. Scott (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) I recently received a 3737 and the baseplate was fine. I did order it at the same time as a lot of other stuff so it was shipped as one of many things in a huge box. Maybe the warping has to do with the packing and shipping? (The big box meant (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) i ordered some of the 28-long red's at the same time i ordered 3737, those came fine. unfortunately, i'm stuck with either red bases, or making my own most of the time if i want something that large ;-) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) The big reason I order the packs is that I want black 28 stud baseplates. The sets with black baseplates always come with 24 stud baseplates. Of course I don't use baseplates all the time, but for many cars they work just fine. Frank (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) I ordered some of these almost a year ago, and got severely warped plates. I called up customer service who sent out replacements. The replacements were fine, and were not packaged in the service pack. I wonder if part of the problem is that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) You may well be on to something. It may very well have something to do with the packaging? Perhaps bins and bins of bagged train plates get all akilter while sitting in storage, and get warped. No matter. I don't order these either, I find the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) the few times that i've ordered this part has turned me off ordering train packs altogether. thankfully there's bricklink. no, i never bothered calling for a replacement, i figured the replacements would be just as warped -- instead i stuck (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  3737 parts pack again a disappointment

Hello trainheads, I just received an order of two 3737 train wagon parts today. And for the third time...both wagon plates were warped beyond use! Does LEGO® take notice of their parts/set quality at all, or am I talking to a brick wall? This is (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Club images not there

(...) Thanks for the heads up. I will forward this on to the right team. Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  LEGO Club images not there

Hey Jake. On the LEGO Club Built It page, there are several instruction images from the Holiday Pocket Models that don't show up. Russell (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk discounts restricted to what is in the catalog?

(...) Yes, I noticed this too. I place my orders over the phone and was quite disappointed and politely expressed my disappointment to the rep that I was speaking with. This was sometime last year, so apparently I wasn't persuasive enough. I think (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Re: Other related products

hi! maybe they also note the money you want to pay, so if you choose something expensive they offer you other not so cheap stuff, or if you choose something they seldom sell they offer something else that isn't chosen often. or . . . Kerry Raymond (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Eric Kingsley wrote in message ... (...) items (...) example I (...) Yes, I noticed this too. Even worse, if you use the AFOL23 code to get a discount on more items than just those in the latest catalog, you don't get the free shipping offer! (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  Bulk discounts restricted to what is in the catalog?

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed that when you order bulk items you only get the discount if you order the items in the catalog. For example I just tried to order some 1x4 bricks which are not in the catalog and no discount. I then (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.general)

  How to get free shipping from S@H without spending $99

Well, here's how we're doing anyway. I don't remember seeing this idea posted yet, so hopefully I am not repeating something that's already been discussed. So here's the idea: Myself and some co-workers went together a couple weeks back to put (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Jango Fett sculpture on eBay!

(...) I'd doubt it would be standard S@H shipping costs. For a start, there are 2 fulfilment centres for S@H one in USA and one in Denmark. So, standard S@H shipping costs are calculated relative to your "local" fulfilment centre, and therefore (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Black roof slope pack 10053

"Kevin Wilson" <kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com> wrote in message news:H5qFsM.5B8@lugnet.com... (...) it (...) same (...) the (...) who (...) matching (...) [ ... snipped ... ] There are three new bulk packs that together offer a great selection of low (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Black roof slope pack 10053

Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) though you need to buy several packs to get enough of the sparser ones. (...) as "2x2 25 degree ridged tile". The "2x4 25 degree ridged tile" in the same pack is a 2x4 low slope roof peak, so I would have (...) (22 years ago, 17-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: Message boards on LEGO.com?

Jake, I think that pictures of (at least) sets would be essencial. So, would it be possible to include pics in the msg instead of explicit URLs ? I don't know how your Tech/Web designer would implement this, but it could have some extra fields (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Jango Fett sculpture on eBay!

The auction site mentions insurance and shipping charges would be the responsibility of the winning bidder but doesn't actually mention if insurance/shipping would be on the same scale as the S@H website, or if it would be something different. -- (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?

(...) Maybe the solution is to allow an image to be optionally supplied with a message. That way the message and the image can moderated together and then, since the image is served from the Lego site, there is no possibility of its content changing (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?

(...) Well, the issue is that providing the URL (linked or not) opens a potential door to inappropriate content. As Steve put in an earlier post, the goal is to have a Message Board that anyone feels safe participating in, or sending their kids to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?

(...) Jake, for URL's would it be possible to leave them in the message, but just not make them 'clickable'??? Then the user could just cut and paste them to another browser window, and it's not really something that lego.com linked the user (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?

(...) That will be great. I would stump (as I did in my comment in the board feedback section) for references to the guide section of LUGNET(tm) and Peeron(tm) inventories and other things to be left alone. (...) I'd prefer that I can see pending, (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?

(...) You are right, your post was edited to exclude the URL. I am still working out what the external URL policy is, and will add it to the ToS and post here as soon as it is resolved. As far as the editing, what do you all think? Would you prefer (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact