 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *5374 (-100)
  Re: Message boards on LEGO.com?

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:H5L4GC.DqG@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) goes (...) type (...) Comment" (...) of (...) this (...) [ ... snipped ... ] I still have one post that is waiting approval, it has (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Jango Fett sculpture on eBay!

We just launched a new auction on eBay! The auction is for a really super cool exclusive Jango Fett sculpture, as well as a LEGO Jango Fett mini-figure and #8011 Jango Fett set. The exclusive Jango Fett statue comes assembled and glued. You can view (...) (22 years ago, 14-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Other related products

(...) There is a separate panel on the right for displaying lists of things from the same category (presumably the primary category). So I too theorised that "other related products" might be some entries selected on some kind of secondary (...) (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Other related products

(...) The probably are in the same category ('exclusives' or so). Is suppose picks three randdom sets from the same category. Since a single set can be in multiple categories, this can be a different category than you would expect. Eric (22 years ago, 11-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Grey and Dark Green Plates??

(...) These are listed as 2002 on Brickset. Check (URL) 2 x n green plates will ship by Dec 6 10060 2 x n gray plates, 10063 1 x n green plates, and 10064 1 x n gray plates aren't listed on the S@H website yet. (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Grey and Dark Green Plates??

I've been on theSAH (USA) site looking around the bulk and something caught my attention. Went over to the usual ACCESSORIES AND BRICKS --- > PLATES and caught site of grey and dark green on the list. The prob is I'm getting the message they're not (...) (22 years ago, 10-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Other related products

Maybe I just don't have enough to do in my life but I am constantly nagged by this question ... What criteria is used to determine the "Other related products" on a product page on S@H? It's not a fixed set of 3 items as it changes if you force a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Glitch on Web Ordering

I just tried to place an order on the web. I selected my items and proceeded to checkout. I logged in with my user name and password and it then proceeded to wipe out my shopping cart. Rose (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Availability and duration of specials - a few questions.

Recently the small Life on Mars set #7303 Jet Scooter was on special for $2.50 AUD, however this set stayed there barely a week, and then vanished from the store completely. I was hoping I could order at least a few of them myself, however, by the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 6472 no longer available in Europe!

What you do is get a friend or relative to receive the set for you. You would be able to order it with your own credit card, and send it to their address in the USA, you do that by setting the "ship to" country to USA, but you would pay the exchange (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.eu)

  Re: 2nd set of NBA minifigs, plus real life comparisons

(...) This suggestion has been floated before, I believe, and in my view it makes a fair bit of sense! There then could be lugnet.sports.soccer and lugnet.sports.basketball (or sports.nba?? I'm not sure) and sports.hockey etc... In parallel I know (...) (22 years ago, 6-Nov-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Europe/Asia and bulk discounts!

(...) Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Europe/Asia and bulk discounts!

(...) That's great news! Just in time for the Holiday Season! Regards, Wessel FUT lugnet.loc.nl lugnet.loc.be lugnet.loc.de lugnet.loc.it lugnet.loc.ie lugnet.loc.fr lugnet.loc.es lugnet.loc.se lugnet.loc.uk lugnet.loc.at lugnet.loc.dk lugnet.loc.fi (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.fi)

  Europe/Asia and bulk discounts!

All, Just a quick note to let you know that we have finally been able to pull together the discount on bulk items for Europe and Asia! Now when you order bulk brick packs and/or items, you get a discount the more you buy: If you buy 5 bags of bulk (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: deadlines for Christmas ordering

Kerry, last year s@h put a "splash" on lego.com with details. I expect they will do the same this year near the time. Anyhow it's not "pre-Christmas", it's "pre-holiday-season". ;) Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  deadlines for Christmas ordering

What are the deadlines for ordering from S@H to ensure pre-Christmas delivery? I am specifically interested in Australia (with the kangaroos, not Austria with Mozart), for both Express and Regular Shipping, but I guess other people may be interested (...) (22 years ago, 28-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Hi There, This is exactly what I have done to all the wheel sets on my Santa Fe train (2 engines, 5 cars), and it works great now. I have also had a problem with the underside of the 10022 cars catching on the track when they crest a hill in a turn. (...) (22 years ago, 26-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) what you have done here seems to be exactely what the German guy did (the links I gave at the first message of this thread). Only his description where to cut has been so fuzzy, that even I as a German did not fully understand him.... But your (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) This is exactly what you must NOT do! Don't push it down, the axle must push the pin UP... Goal is NOT to press the axle down, goal is to use the 'snap-hight' of the axle-end as a 0,6 mm filler for the (too much) space in this new molds. After (...) (22 years ago, 25-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) ... I tried. For step 2, I used one #3673 Technic Pin and two cut-up part #3749 (Technic, Axle Pin). The middle rib isn't quite as wide, and it made it easier not to push it in too far (and I have more of them.) I found that after step 3, it (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Oh yeah the "before" - "after" cross section graphic was exaggerated. I imagine that removing only a small amount of the inside corner will do the trick. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Taking the low road... I was thinking how to shave off some plastic from the wheel flange. And it's not that big of a deal the roundness of the flange isn't as critical as the the roundness of the wheel tread. But then it hit me, using a small (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

A funny thing that I noticed wrt changes in train wheels happened right around 1996, specifically in set 2126 (the 4 train cars). It seems that the center hole is not "true" center or the wheels where not "true" round. I recall making several 2 axle (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Indeed! (...) Only if you say "Honor" without the U when you post to any loc.us.<mumble> group... :-) FUT ot.fun (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes: Ok, I have now 12 wheel sets in front of me: ***...***+ 4x from a MISB Metroliner 4558 from ca 1991...1994 Never run a single meter so far.... Measured for all 4 wheel sets (no bigger difference (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Wow, nice one! Thanks Jake! Jason J Railton P.S. Shouldn't that be "...we will HONOUR the offer..." if it's to loc.uk? Hey, only kidding :-) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

(...) While this might not work so well if done on ALL wheels, doing it on only one wheelset/wagon or one/bogie it might actually improve running qualities. You'd get the compensated suspention model railroaders always try to build into their (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Whoops! As some of you may have noticed, we accidentally sent out an email to our UK customers with the wrong subject line. However, since this was our mistake, we will honor the offer for free shipping. To qualify, just call up Shop at Home (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  a trick to make NEW trainwheels work - PICTURE SERIE

Hi all, Everything is said about this bad wheel molds, I hope (and EXPECT) Lego will make new molds in short time!! More interesting: HOW DO WE GET OUR WHEELS TO WORK PROPERLY??? .... without to much work. :-) Please check out the pics I uploaded, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) It is mentioned here: (URL) wrote:*** I asked around this morning and discovered something interesting about the train wheels. The train wheels are one of the few items that are manufactured by a third party. We discovered that there were some (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Strange...I looked at this link, and it doesn't appear that Holden actually mention or even indicate anywhere that they specifically aim to sell in or to the U.S.A....could it be that Holden is a company that is run semi-independantly from GM. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I believe you're right but I can't find it for some reason. It's rare that LUGNET(tm) search fails me but it did this time. I know it's out there and not that long ago either. Just can't find it. (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) What is kind of weird is that I don't think (and I could well be wrong) that the needles at the axle tips are actually doing anything, bearing wise. I've looked at both black and grey wheelsets and it looks to me like all the bearing action is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

(...) Last week at LLW Guy Bagley told us the Lego drawing paper used by the park modelmakers is called 'knobbe' paper because that is the Danish word for stud. In the 70's TLC ran a promotional thing (in the UK at least) where you got stickers of (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) I largely agree. I'll have to check, but did Jake not indicate that this was all caused by an unauthorised change made by a supplier? If this is the case, then the supplier should be compensating TLG for the cost of making things right (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

(...) trouble: (...) wheel (...) That is more accurate description. But that is the point: the wheel touches the frame. Of course any rotor should only be in touch with the none-rotating system via its bearings. (...) cross-tracks: (...) this only 2 (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) Unless it’s a sop to their dealers, I think its crazy that they don't offer free shipping as standard for larger purchases. I can buy Lego from www.argos.co.uk and get free shipping if I spend over UKP100 [$154.70][1]. I can get a next day (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Brick or Treat brick

So Jake, what's the deal on the two different bricks at LEGOLAND California Brick-or-Treat? Russell (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

In lugnet.trains, Paul S. D'Urbano writes: <snipped most of your excellent analysis> (...) I think this is the crux! LD is indeed doing many things right. Let's keep digging to see if we can help analyse this and come up with a way for LD to fix (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

In lugnet.general, Mr L F Braun wrote: [snip] (...) "knob" seems to be the TLC term for studs, I'm not sure I've ever seen TLC use "stud". I'll bet some enterprising editor removed the "brick" from all those "brick yellow" parts, because they aren't (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

Hi Ben, (...) I think I've observing the same thing with my wheel blocks but I'm a little confused with where you describe the trouble occurring. In the pictures you provided I couldn't quite tell where the Dremeling was done but this is probably (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

(...) "assist" ... That's certainly one term for what you're doing, yes. (...) No doubt LD's mailing list software is not doing a good job of keeping who lives where straight... people that are getting free shipping offers are probably thought by (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

I may be able to assist here...The LEGO company seems to work on the theory that if you don't live in the USA/Canada, then you don't really matter...try changing shipping country to one of these two in their site and see what pops up. Benjamin (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Free Shipping?

I got the same e-mail. The body of the message makes no mention of "FREE Shipping". Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Super Chief will be ready for prime-time: a trick to make it work.

Dear all, a German Afol posted the (maybe only his?) solution to the wheelblock trouble: (URL) in German) He found out, that most troubles were caused by wheels that touched the wheel blocks in 12 o'clock position. And of course that is the more the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

P.S. (pre-script ;) ) Many of the pieces marked "yellow" in the list below are what most of us refer to as tan. Kevin (...) *snip* (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

(...) the contents from the list they provided! Maggie C. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

Here's a quick snap I took of the contents. The wall panel is printed on two sides. One side is a wall appropriate for adding to the building in the large Spidey set. The other side appears to be have been designed for the cancelled third Spidey (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

(...) "Yellow?" = Tan? "Knobs?" = Studs? "L-angle elements?" = Uh? I mean, sheesh, they really need to edumacate some of these copywriters. LFB (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

Here's the inventory, taken from lego.com, they must have seen you ask :) Plate 4x8 Dark Grey x 1 Plate 1x8 Yellow x 2, Plate 1x10 Yellow x1, Plate 6x12 w. 22 knobs Yellow x 2, Flat tile 1x6 Dark Grey x 2, Fence 4x4x2 yellow x 2, Plate 1x2 Grey x2, (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  6472 no longer available in Europe!

I tried to purchase one set #6472 earlier today without success (I had tried yesterday and they were available, but I screwed up in the process and had to retry :-/). So I phoned LEGO Iberia to know if it was a temporary removal, but I was told the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.eu)

  Re: Missing item number in latest Shop At Home catalog?

(...) Ask and you shall receive... the answer anyway... The Kit Number for Holiday Kit is #K10068 - it includes all 3 minimodels at a price of $ 6.99. #10068 Santa #10069 Tree #10070 Reindeer Each item sells individually for $2.49. It’s something (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) Now that REALLY surprises me - can you give us any idea as to *why* lego farms this out? I could understand a motor assembly, but a set of train wheels seems to be well within the abilities of a plastics manufacturer.... even if the axles (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

Yup. Thanks. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Missing item number in latest Shop At Home catalog?

(...) ... Here are pictures: (URL) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Missing item number in latest Shop At Home catalog?

(...) The individual set #'s are as follows: Santa Claus - 10068 Tree - 10069 Reindeer - 10070 I poked around the LEGO.com site for a bit, but can't seem to find them. Using an item # search the site tells me that they are "not available in this (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

I ment that I called up LEGO and they sent me a whole new set of wheels. THey had no problem with it. After replacing the old SF wheels with the new, I looked at what would cause the high friction. It looks like the outer most diamater of the wheel (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Yet more new slopes appearing in 2003 SW?

Maybe our clamoring for split slopes finally sunk in? ;-) Now all they need to do is make split versions of all the train slopes, and John Neal's head will explode over all the new 8/10/14/20-wide possibilities ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Sun ONE (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Missing item number in latest Shop At Home catalog?

Allan, What are the set #s of the individual sculptures? I'd like to look at them online. Try Kxxxx, where xxxx is the set # for each of the sculptures - odds are that one of those will work to pull up the entire set (like KS1256 is the complete set (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: Any one else order this

Hi, I for one appreciate that these sets were made available at Shop@Home. I live in Canada and was never able to take advantage of them as a promo. Shell in Canada never did not carry these. Buying them on Ebay would have been hit or miss, most (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

When you say you replaced the wheels, are you referring to the whole kit 'n caboodle or just the axle? -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) Jake/LD, It should be easy for LD to check who they sold problem batches to as most of them will have been sold by via mail order(?). I wonder if this can be sorted that way? ;) Scott A (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: testing wheelsets (was: something else...)

(...) And I was just going to suggest the 'flick' test... <grin> How about something simple like a couple of pieces of straight track, with some bracing so they fairly solid? Put two wheels together, put them on one end of the jig, and raise that (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) (the old saying: "If you want it done right, do it yourself"... springs to mind. This of course conflicts with "do what you do well, and let others do the rest") (...) Thanks for the update on this. I hope it turns out to be easy to resolve! (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) This is absolutely not true. These sets are very much meant to be run. They were never intended to be "display only" models. Whoever he talked to was misinformed. (...) this is the first that we have heard about it having problems. (...) I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Any one else order this

(...) I think you may be misunderstanding this. Troy asked what a 2556 was worth - this is not part of the allegedly overpriced Shell pack [s1252-6]. Larry stated that he had paid $20 for his... which is not too far away from the Bricklink average (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Any one else order this

(...) Thanks, that's good to hear. And wow... it's only Wednesday... talk about a rainy morning! Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

"Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote in message news:H42q1E.1qM@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] But they really didn't go out of business. They simply reorganized under Chapter 11 as ATA (American Trans Air or (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Any one else order this

(...) I for one think you guys do a great job (especially considering some of the hoops you sometimes need to jump through to get things done). But are you sure it's Thursday? 8-) -H. (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Any one else order this

(...) To tack on a few thoughts to this discussion, I would like to add that these sets were much more time consuming to get a hold of than standard retail assortment sets. Because we had so many requests for these sets, we went out of our way to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Any one else order this

(...) Yeah, some of my favorites too! (...) Well, this isn't actually the first thing we have done like this. There have been a number of promotional items over the years that S@H has picked up. Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Any one else order this

Jake & All, (...) Thanks, we appreciate it! These sets are probably some of the best LEGO Town sets that LEGO has made recently, traditional cars, great parts, and the sets are great just by themeselves. Not that I like Shell Stations or anything! (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) >Ben Hmmm, this sounds very, VERY bad! A consumer Service Department is meant to provide SERVICE !! Bad parts are bad parts, and there should only ONE PROPER ANSWER from a service employee: 'Sorry, of course w'll replace your bad Legos' (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

For a long time, I resisted buying any of the Super Chief sets. The models DO look a little top-heavy, and LEGO® has slipped on their quality control like never before seen in their history. People say that LEGO® is too expensive, and that they (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) That's shocking! They're obviously meant as running models because grey motor side-bars are included in the set! Why would there be alternate parts and instructions for motorising and adding rail-powered lights to a display-only set? They may (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time // Super Chief no train set?

(...) Dear Jake, a German Co-AFOL has had trouble with the Santa Fe train as well. He called the consumer service for replacement wheel sets and got informed the Super Chief was not meant as a train set, but as a display set for the shelf only. So (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

I have two Santa Fe engines and a B Unit I built to go with them. I have two moters one on each of the A units. I too had a hard time with the SF engines pulling more then 10 cars. It always seemed to bog down in the turns. Recently I had all my (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) I agree with that! And I bought all of the newer cars (10013/14/15/16/17) and buy just making a very simple train with them + 1 loc, it has a very hard time on curves and not fast on a straight track. I never had that problem with all the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Any one else order this

(...) Are you asking that LD match Tuesday morning pricing at the outset? That's not typically the pricing model used, rather LD seems to charge full retail. That the set went for 20 at Tuesday Morning argues that it's priced correctly at LD, at (...) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Any one else order this

(...) I will check tomorrow, but I am pretty sure that they are just not available yet. Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Missing item number in latest Shop At Home catalog?

I did a couple searches, and didn't see this mentioned anywhere, so I thought I'd post an FYI for the LEGO Direct folks... in case it was an oversight. On page 3 of the Holiday 2002 catalog there is something called the 'Holiday Kit'. Unfortunately (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Any one else order this

Jake & All, (...) Indeed. Are these going to become available to people eventually, or are they already out of stock? I am getting a Not Available when I view the KS1256. Scott Sanburn -- Member, MichLUG (URL) Webpage: (URL) Webpages: (URL) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Any one else order this

I paid maybe $20 for this set. I actually think it was cheaper. Tuesday morning had them. (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Any one else order this

Are they really anymore expensive than when they were at the Shell stations? All but the big one seem to be in line with what I expect LEGO sets to sell for based on the cost / piece ratio. Granted, I'd like them cheaper, but i don't think that is (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Any one else order this

(...) On the "high" price issue... don't forget that Shell was originally giving these out with certain purchases, and/or subsidizing the costs to make them cheap for the casual gas station consumer. I didn't think about this myself until I asked (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

Hello, Maby I have an explenation. I was in Legoland Billund today. They had a factory sale with some discontinued sets. There vere a lot of Duplo trains. Both tracks and whole trainsets. Couldn't it be these trains lego was going to "ditch"? Just a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Any one else order this

(...) This link is easier to work with: (URL) posting links to shop@home, the way to get a simple link like that is to enter the set number into the set lookup box at the bottom of the left nav bar. *NOT* the search at the top of the page. I think (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

"Kerry Raymond" <kerry@dstc.edu.au> wrote in message news:H3zu1H.Mpy@lugnet.com... (...) these (...) will (...) $139.99 Mike -- Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com (URL) - North Carolina LEGO Train Club (URL) - Carolina Train Builders (URL) - (...) (22 years ago, 15-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) By comparison, how much were S@H selling them for? Kerry (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Bug in search at S@H (Was: 2 useful parts packs at LS@H)

(...) Very curious! When you type these item numbers (10050, 10067) in the search-by-item-number box at the bottom of the S@H page, it finds them! When you type the same item numbers into the general search box at the top right, it doesn't find (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Regular Shipping to Australia -- worked like a charm!

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks for the report. I'm more than happy to wait a bit longer to save a bit of money (or to get more LEGO)... I've got quite a few things on the list - must make an order soon ;-). Cheers Richie (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Regular Shipping to Australia -- worked like a charm!

Fellow LUGnet Ozzies (Oy! Oy! Oy!), Just to let you know the BUGS placed our S@H order on Sunday 29 Sept using the new Regular Shipping option. It was a large order and the Regular Shipping cost was $40 (the maximum). If we had used Express Shipping (...) (22 years ago, 14-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) Nice! Lots of cool stuff that I would buy multiples of if I could get some 6x8 (or similar sized) plates. (I don't even care what color they are at this point!) All those awesome bulk packs, but what is the point when I can not fully utilize (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) What about breaking away from the Microsoft world and going open source with a MySQL backend? It is cheap. $.02 Jude XFUT .publish (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.publish)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) Dunno what that's all about, but all I can think of is that the MS Access [1] back end is not able to handle the number of concurrent connections, judging by the System.Data.OleDb.Ol...bException error. Any .NET experts in the house?? I tried (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) I just tried looking, and got the following. Benjamin Whytcross Server Error in '/' Application. ---...--- Unspecified error Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:H3wyMn.AGC@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) Very odd error indeed, I am unable to open BrickSet with IE however I CAN open it with Adobe Acrobat web capture. Mike -- Mike Walsh - (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"M. Moolhuysen" <moom@nospam-chello.nl> wrote in message news:H3wxLo.8HC@lugnet.com... (...) Sorry to hear some of you are having connection/.NET problems. Every time I have checked, the site has been working, so I can't see what the problem is/was (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) Yes, www.brickset.com is definitly very much down, and do sentry-go of curiosity. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Eerie, dearie! Was Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

YIKES!!! Lucky you! Gary "Maggie Cambron" <mcambron@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:H3vzF2.20x@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) too. (...) these (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact