 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *5274 (-100)
  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) Sounds ostensibly cool, but does anyone have saved images of these files? I keep getting a 404 error on my part, and I think others have experienced this problem as well. Other than that, this sounds pretty great, new visors, ninja parts, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

9:25PM Pacific Time on Sat 10/12 - I'm getting that .NET error too. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) Wow! Green 2x8 plates, loads of tiles... Shop@Home sure has listened to what AFOL's have been asking for. Thanks to all that helped realize this! (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) Wow, there are a lot of accessory sets available when you pretend you're from the UK. Including 5060. . .which is listed as "available now". . .so TLC still has shooting cannons? I'm kinda curious about 5195. What colour are those? TWS (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

Some of these are already available of shop.lego.com if you set the basket to UK - I noticed them a couple of days ago. They're not available in the US (yet) but I'm sure they're coming soon! I love the minifig hats and hair pack (Dark gray (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Eerie, dearie! Was Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) I didn't hear about the Super Car find until I got home yesterday, about 8 hours after it sold out. So this morning I hit some garage sales, and found nothing spectacular, large gray baseplate for a buck, bucket only filled two inches deep (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

(...) Thanks to you too, Huw, and your cohorts at Brickset for making them available! Interesting--I like the pillars/supports and grey fence assortments. Sadly, no macaroni packs in the offing here, at least--but maybe one of these days, hm? best (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

Never mind :) Yeah clear bricks!! jt (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

I get a .NET compile error when I go to brickset.com. Anyone else getting this? jt (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:H3vuzI.C7r@lugnet.com... (...) follow (...) Sorry, 24 new packs, I forgot to add the transparent bricks pack... Huw (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  The second wave of bulk parts packs is here!

The new German Shop At Home catalogue features no less than 23 new packs, plus three Christmas sets which includes an excellent Christmas tree made from green slopes. Check out images of them all at www.brickset.com, follow the link on the top news (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

Well, to all those who got a copy, have fun with them. ;) Certainly one of the better Technic sets Lego has produced, and a great source for parts too. For those who missed this, Super Cars are frequently available on ebay these days (probably the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

All GONE!! sold out by 2:30pm Dam!!!!!!! (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message news:H3u568.2p0@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) I understand your point but at the same time, had you still had Canadian S@H, the Super Cars they found today wouldn't have been (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.lego.direct)

(...) Mike, I am not nitpicking, I just want LEGO to remember and acknowledge we are here. I find I miss having our own S@H in our own currency. I also have other reasons I don't want to bring up here, for the sake of preventing futile debate. I (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca) !

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> wrote in message news:H3u0pn.DxE@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ... ] (...) phone. (...) No need to nitpick, I think what Jake meant to say was "available from US Shop at Home" which is where anyone in the US (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) US and Canada, eh? Jude (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

Darn, Waited on phone for a bit only to get dis'd by the operator on NO MORE. I think I am going to cry.... Thanks for that info though Jake your the best. Since you guys seem to be looking in the corners how about trying the other corner. I'll bet (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) Dang, I waited on hold for 30 minutes and no supercar to show for it. Some Muzak would have been nice, or maybe just a message every once in a while to let the caller know "Yes, you are still connected and in line." Well, enjoy your cars. (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) You had better watch out... these other guys might beat you up for that kind of thinking! :) Just to let everyone know, we are all sold out of this item! Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) Heheh. I assume the finders fee will be a percentage of what you find, no? :) Hey, Jake, if this sort of thing is happening, I know a certain someone who has several years experience in Inventory Control in a warehouse environment who would (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) You have to dial shop at home. Less than 25 left now. 1-800-453-4652 I think Williams F1 is under Racers (don't ask me why) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

Jake, Any truth to ther rumor that the LEGO Warehouse looks like the last scene in the Speilberg Movie, "Raiders of the Lost Arc?" It might mean some interesting "finds" in the future. I could as an amateur archeologist offer to come to the LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) Sorry, meant to mention... this is US only and only available over the phone. Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) I got one (woohoo!), and I'm in Canada. The person on the phone didn't ask for the code. Jeff J (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) I can't find it either. Where are we supposed to look? Where is the "source code" supposed to go? On another note, what happened to the Williams F1 car? I can't find that one either. I though it was available now. TJ (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H3tv33.J08@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) It isn't on the web, you have to call them and I suspect this is US only. I just ordered mine (and I only ordered one). The (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) Jake, I rushed to the LEGO website to find this set, but was unsuccessful in my attempt; is this valid for phone orders only? Is it available everywhere? TIA, Pedro (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

(...) Aaah, aahh, aaahh. I can't find it. Is this US only? Oh, and thanks ever so much by the way! (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  8880 Super Car found in the warehouse

All, A few lucky folks are going to be very happy this weekend... We just found a few (very few) 8880 Super Car sets in a corner of the warehouse. There seriously aren't many, so if you want one, you had better hurry. Since there are so few, we are (...) (22 years ago, 11-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

"Simon Bennett" <simon.bennett@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:H2oGxy.Mv1@lugnet.com... (...) at (...) Don't you mean the July/August UK issue? I have just received the Sept/Oct UK issue, with HP on the front, and have to say that the Ask (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) Oh, uh right...oops. {:^) Centipede though, that would be awesome to see. MTH made an O-gauge model a while ago. It's huge! -Stefan- (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) Dude! ...that would be great for a Babyface Centipede, but I think you meant a 3 axle (or 6 wheel) motor. :-) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) Speaking of conversion kits, I just thought of a crazy idea; What about offering a conversion kit for the A unit to make it an Alco FA-2 or PA-1? Engines existed for both in the warbonnet scheme, and it doesn't take many bricks to change it. (...) (22 years ago, 10-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) Quite right. This is why the model scales have brass flywheels on top of the motors. As for the rubber, we need actual traction tires (with treads) on the wheels, not just wrapped rubber bands. (...) You can find the NMRA RPs for weight here: (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) I am thinking that there is a FAQ entry in here somewhere on weight. I am pressed for time but - engines benefit from more weight, up to a point... additional weight (especially over the drivers) gives additional traction/adhesion. The 4561 is (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) My observation : Most LEGO engines are simply too light! The motor has more power, but it can't be transferred onto the track because of the lack of grip. With my 4551 Crocodiles and my MOC DB211 I added some weight bricks, as found in old 12v (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Black Seas Barracuda sets sail again!

More good news! As you probably know, we asked the LEGO fans to vote on what LEGO Legend they wanted to see come back the most. The winner was the Black Seas Barracuda pirate ship. As of today, you can pre-order this set through Shop At Home! (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.market.shopping) !

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) Glad to know its not just me who was puzzled by this. (...) Man, every story I hear gets me more depressed! I don't own any ATSF stuff yet. I decided to wait for the cars to come out and an LD "kit" offer since my LEGO budget is limited. I now (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

(...) I'm in the same boat, not a train expert but had the same thoughts as your posting. (...) My thoughts exactly when I saw the offer. (...) Naahhh!!!! Hope not. (...) Artistically you still need the B-unit to create the piece de la resistance. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  My Santa Fe Train Kit Theories

Hi, I'm not a LEGO trains expert so I'm curious to see other people's opinions on this. I should make a point to say that I'm thrilled that LEGO Direct has provided the ATSF products, and my theories are just for curiosity sake, not to imply (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) This is a real shame. These sound like pretty basic (ie avoidable) faults. Scott A =+= Have you inspected Arthur's Seat yet? (URL) reasonable man adapts himself to suit his environment. An unreasonable man persists in attempting to adapt his (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) I was going to add a small followup to this discussion last night, but it got too late. So, I'll followup to Ben's post, even though my followup is only indirectly related to what Ben is saying. Sorry about that. I've got one Santa Fe, and one (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Ben, already done! Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

(...) Hmm. Perhaps this is a US thing (?), the only 2001 train sets we have in non-lego shops in the UK are what looks like superfluous LD stock sold at a slight discount. Scott A (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Dear Jake, I would additionally beg you to give this information into your production and quality control. Here we are all adults and train heads, our trains are not operated too much and we have tons of stuff. If I have 40 wheelsets with (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Dean, sounds like your wheels had some production errors. I would encourage you to call our Consumer Services Center and ask them to send you some replacements. They should be able to get them to you in no time. Jake --- Jake McKee Senior (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote in message news:H3LtG2.JDn@lugnet.com... (...) should (...) lines) (...) problem (...) I'm finding little reason to the whole friction issue. My CN engine has two motors on it and it runs very fast on (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) At least 95% of these waggons have been new (or like new). All we did, was giving them a short look on the bottom side: if a wheel block is not attached perfectly, then the wagon will run on only 3 wheels and cause higher friction. All waggons (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) rolling before using them in the record attempt? (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

Call me crazy, but I believe there is a limit to how much weight one should stack atop a 9V train motor. My previous V188 double-diesel was solidly built...too much so, for I had to raise the controller up two or three notches just so it could keep (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

(...) Has anybody checked the wheel sets? Lego had some minor problems with the Legend Metro-Liner and they seem to have major problems with grey (Santa Fe + coaches) wheel sets now (as I heared from several people till now). These do not run as (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

Cary Clark wrote in message ... (...) 15 (...) Interesting - Jeremy Rear brought his Santa Fe ABA set to NWBrickcon this weekend and it kept slowing down to a crawl at certain places on the track for no discernible reason. Good old Thomas the Tank (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

(...) Hey Tim, it looks like the Exclusive Train Set is available from Target.Com for $160 US. A little pricey overall, but if you were really interested, I am sure that an AFOL south of the border could offer some assistance. A blue passenger coach (...) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) No, as those were in the original. The timber wall is the tudor wall, and the rounded castle walls are the corner walls (12 of them, cool!). -Stefan- (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Super Chief set not ready for prime-time

In lugnet.trains, Mike Case writes: ... (...) The Super Chief locomotive and cars are absolutely beautiful. I've bought 15 sets so far, and I could see buying more. But, it is the poorest running train since the inception of 9V. As Jeroen de Haan (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

(...) As a Canadian, with no Target available, I am VERY disappointed. Jake, will any other stores outside the US be getting 4535? Or will LEGO Direct be making blue passenger coaches available in the future? Thanks. Tim Strutt (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

(...) I suppose it depends on your definition of long term but I'm fairly comfortable with the medium to long term (5-10 years) direction for LEGO(r) trains. I wouldn't read too much into them not having new parts. LD originated sets tend not to (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

(...) Is this really true though? After all, 3 of the 2001 train cars are available at retail. Probably more significantly, there are 2 different retail starter sets that are built around the 2001 series of trains. Does anyone else suspect that by (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

(...) Always true, but I doubt that they would leave the current system behind just as they're on the brink of getting trains to become readily-available to the mass market (at least where there's a Target) and thus having their popularity shoot up. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

(...) Can we be sure trains are a "money-making theme" in the longer-term? The fact that much of the newer offerings can only really be had via S@H and that these sets contain no real new parts makes me wonder what the long term plans for trains (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

(...) And that is your opinion. The rumor was a change to the track, not the discontinuation of the entire line. It could happen. Suppose LEGO came out with a 9V multi-channel IR controlled train motor (Manas? Spybotics?) that didn't require powered (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I heard a rumour that lego were going to ditch 9v track...

I don't think LEGO® would leave a money-making theme such as trains hang high and dry, it would be foolish...especially after almost 40 years of continuous train production. This is nothing more than a vicious, nasty rumour. -Harvey (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Blacktron Base ?

Will be the 6987 back one day ? ;) Thanx TLG. Rene (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) Maybe this is part of the answer? (Clipped from the Lego website) "Rounded castle wall pieces and “timber frame” wall pieces give it a unique look!" (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: They changed the flag

Hello! (...) Well, I think it was pure chance that I grabbed an accurate printed one. I've got another flag that has a crooked silver-print, too. However, the real problem is not the original printing but the children who played with the parts... (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tan Spindle Fence (quarter-round)

Has anyone ordered the K1376 or the 10075 and done an inventory on it? The Lugnet listing for 10075 has no picture, and Peeron has no inventory. If I'm going to pay $7 for 25 pieces, I DEFINITELY want to know what each and every piece is before (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: They changed the flag

(...) Wow both of your flags look great! I looked at mine today and it's printed poorly: (URL) is uncommon for pieces made in the 80s... -Bryan (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: ...and the minifigs

(...) The new one is on the left, yes? The old one is therefore to the right... If I understand this correctly, I actually like this change. It's hard to imagine why they decided to make the alteration though...the only thing I can guess is that the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  ...and the minifigs

Hello again.... They also changed the emblem on the minifigs' torsos to the new shape: (URL) so... Bye Jojo (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) This is the set I selected during the voting so you can imagine that I am well pleased at this turn of events. I'll probably buy several of these sets just as I did of the GI -- actually, I may buy even more of this set because it includes (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  They changed the flag

Hello again! Beseides the light grey swords they made another important variance in the 10039 compared to the original 6074. The Black Falcon emblem on the legendary (because almost always broken if recieved in used condition) flag has a slightly (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) once-rare part will be readily available again. -- TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in address for direct reply. (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) Thanks for the confirmation (...) I guess the other spare parts used to build the 2nd modal LEGO suggested (URL) we recall the set 6040 - Blacksmith Shop also included a few spare parts for the 2nd model. (URL) guess in reissuing the model (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

Well I just got one thing to say. THANK YOU! The Black Falcon's Fortress is probably the best castle that Lego has come out with, certainly in terms of bricks for your buck (or in this case, your pound), and those Black Falcons figs are just the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

Hello! (...) You are right. In both. The original 6074 had some grey spare arches (URL) could be built in at the turret: (URL) the half arches in the picture above with the arches in the building instruction: (URL) spare arches are not included with (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) As far as I recall, the original 6074 set had some spare parts including (as far as I know the only LEGO castle set that really had spare parts). My theory is that the new LEGEND don't include those spares. My two cents Yaron "Webrain" Dori (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) snip (...) snip Yes, I agree, this is good news, but . . . . Will this set be available in the SHOPS in New Zealand ? I think that, as it is approaching christmas, if this set appeared on the shelves of the stores over here, then it would sell (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

Can we get an ETA on the BSB? Adrick (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) When I seen this earlier today, I had similar questions in mind. I THINK that both cases are probable. (then again, I never bought the set when it first came out, so I don't know the "official" piece count) If the piece count is indeed 435 on (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) 421 instead of 435 in the Lugnet database for 6074? Wrong count in the database or will we have combined brick in the new set? (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back?

(...) I hope it never will but I wanted to point out something. A month ago I saw "castle" in the shop at home section, some remaining king leo stuff, the guarded inn, the blacksmith shop and such. Go look now, there is "Castle" anywhere. The (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

What about Australia? We have no price listed at the moment, and this is one set that I will surely get, especially with the now-lowered shipping costs. Will this set come to the land of Oz?? (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) Simple answer: The BSB is a bigger set, and thus more complex to fulfill. It is a simple case of logistics. Sorry, should have mentioned that in the original post. Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rip-off Europe again

Things aren't uniform in the EU either. The differences are seen too at the lower end of things. We have in shop.lego.com, for example, HP-#4931 dobby's release... In the euro-zone: Euro: 9.99 finland, ireland, portugal, belgium, luxembourg, (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) Just a guess but - The BSB, a larger and more expensive set, is most likely meant for the holiday season. Perhaps it is a set on store shelves and requires more time for production? Ben (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

Hmmmm.... Should I buy 10039 Black Falcon's Fortress, a beautifully designed set that I can build many alternative models from, for $39.99, or buy 6091 King Leo's Castle, a....um....set, for $89.99. Hmmmm..... This could take me a while. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) I don't think lego castle is officially dead, yet it's more in a dormant state until either (1) the Harry Potter contract expires, or (2) lego releases their next wave of killer designs. I bet you lego is working on some models designs right (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) Yesssss!!! I can't believe it! Finally! Alright, for all of you who thought I'd continue complaining even if I got what I wanted, too bad. None from me here. This is all bliss. Anyway, thanks Jake for bringing back a true legend to lego.com. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bulk Lego for sale in Koln, Germany

Hello! Today I visited this LEGO Store. And of course I bought some needfull bricks of my choice. Unfortunatelly there ain't all imaginable bricks and parts available. At least you can get there bricks in the colours "lime", "Dino-blue-coloured" and (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) Jake, this is great news, but many of us are left with some question: 1) Why did this set hit the shelves in Europe before you told us about it? Many of us pondered a mysterious Kmart add and speculated, then 1000stiene suddenly had pictures. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Bulk Lego for sale in Koln, Germany

(...) there!! I can't wait until they open some of these in America. Or maybe when I go back to Europe (I dream of returning to Germany in 2006 for the World Cup). But one thing I'm wondering, is this being done under the LEGO Direct division? I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

I am curious what happened to the BSB? Is there a reason the 2nd place set is going to market first? "Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:H3D58B.FBt@lugnet.com... (...) to (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) I'm really feeling this. I just wanted to say thanks, that after Lego Castle officially died, us castle-heads have got the Guarded Inn, the Blacksmith's Shop, and now Black Falcon's Fortress. Not even to mention some of the other great things (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

(...) Contrary to popular belief, Canada is part of North America not the US... yet. ;-) Jude XFUT .loc.ca (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Black Falcon's Fortress is back!

More good news for Castle folks! Based on the results of the www.LEGO.com/myOpinions survey, I would like to announce that the 2nd place winner is now also a LEGO Legend! The Black Falcon's Fortress is available as of today in Europe, and will (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: Bulk Lego for sale in Koln, Germany

(...) All that grey! (...) I hope so. I would definitely make the trip to the Mall of America for this. (Although Chicago would be even better!) (...) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Lego for sale in Koln, Germany

It looks like bulk bricks are part of the new Lego retail stores that are opening in test markets. Here is a press release from October 1: (URL) check out this officially released photo: (URL) bulk bricks are clearly visable on the left hand side of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Trains arrive at Target in SoCal

Jake, I'm really pleased to see these sets offered at retail. However I am a little disappointed that the blue passenger coach is only available with 4534 as I have already purchased several My Own Train engines and cars through Lego Direct. So I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Bulk Lego for sale in Koln, Germany

All, I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this message. I'm not really sure what newsgroup this fits with. Anyway..... For those of you that know German, check out the message string Lego Store Koeln: (URL) basically says there is a new (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact