 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *5174 (-100)
  Re: Rip-off Europe again

(...) Yeah, but with the Empire defeated, wouldn't you pick one up if they were going cheap? I mean, it must be worth it, just for the spare parts! :-) Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Parts Inventory for 10030

(...) Hmm, I'm not sure if TLC would provide you with that information, especially when it's still so "new". But I'm quite sure one of us will do an inventory in the near future... -Bryan (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Parts Inventory for 10030

Due to the large investment with the UCS ISD (~$500 CDN), would it be possible for TLC to provide a parts inventory for the set. From that I would better determine whether it is what I expect or not. Thanks, Jude (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Rip-off Europe again

(...) I seem to recall the Imperials weren't too keen on the Jedi. In fact, didn't they try to wipe them out (all of them)? The ISD would only be a religious icon for a Jedi in the same way a statue of Jupiter (the Roman god - not the planet) would (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Rip-off Europe again

[On the price of the new Imperial Star Destroyer in different countries] (...) My theory on the Australian low price (my pre-order is in!) is that 70,000 Australian declared their religion to be Jedi in the recent census, so therefore Imperial Star (...) (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Rip-off Europe again

"Andy Lowe" <slipstreaming@ANTIS...NOSPAMcom> wrote in message news:H37n2A.GCs@lugnet.com... (...) in (...) Not only in the UK, by the looks of things. Having just checked prices in other countries, the Sterling equivalents are as follows: 172, USA (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Rip-off Europe again

Huw I completely agree with your comments. The Lego Shop@Home pricing policy in the UK has got completely out of hand. I'm afraid that it appears to me, a life-long Lego fan and consumer, that the company is now shamelessly exploiting the UK market (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Rip-off Europe again

(...) Where are they being shipped from? In case they are shipped from Denmark to the EU, the VAT is around 25% (so that should be our reference). Two things come to mind: a) If they are being shipped *within* the USA (any plant there, producing (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Rip-off Europe again

Imperial Star Destroyer from S@H US$ 269 GBP 224 EUR 329, in Germany That's a massive GBP 50 more in the UK and Germany. How can this be justified!! Huw (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego Direct finally offers bulk parts in all shapes and colours

I wish this was available, it'd be a good way to collect bricks! Hasta La Vista, Sean (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Is a UCS Death Star next? (Was: re: UCS Imperial Star Destroyer to be released!!!!)

In lugnet.starwars, Tom Stangl writes: snip (...) LOL - or how about designing it so it splits into several smaller pieces to represent the destruction of each Death Star at the end of both movies! - Bob (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: UCS Imperial Star Destroyer to be released!!!! (was Re: Newest UCS set...)

I think we can safely call the UCS ISD the NEW "Ultimate Grey Plates Parts Pack" (UGPPP - yeehaw, Yet Another Acronym) ;-) I know I'm going to end up with at least 2, maybe 3 UGPPPs, as a start. One for at work, one possibly for at home, and one for (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego Direct finally offers bulk parts in all shapes and colours

Check out this sneak preview of the new Lego Direct bulk parts scheme! (URL) a modest installation cost, Lego Direct will reticulate your home with hot liquid ABS. The mixer tap enables you to select the colour and a mold is inserted into the base (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  UCS Imperial Star Destroyer to be released!!!! (was Re: Newest UCS set...)

In lugnet.starwars, Thomas Garrison writes: snipped links (...) Ohhhh - microfig Tie Fighters, imperial shuttle, Millenium Falcon (all perfect to go along with an ISD), x-wings, etc... Here's hoping!!!! - Bob (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Newest UCS set...

(...) http//www.lego.com/starwars says that it will be available for preorder Oct 1, 2002. Can't wait that long...must have ISD now!! Jason (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Newest UCS set...

(...) http//www.lego.com/starwars says that it will be available for preorder Oct 1, 2002. Can't wait that long...must have ISD now!! (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Newest UCS set...

(...) find it. Is the intent of the last paragraph in the article above to say that after January the price will go up, or only that it will change in some yet-to-be-determined direction? The mention of a line of microfig ships is intriguing. . . (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: My Own train in retail stores

"Oliver Giesen" <ogiesen@mdsintl.com> schreef in bericht news:H2v3rH.AuE@lugnet.com... (...) Same for Top1Toys over here. The lady at Top1Toys told me that they could order it for only one time. (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.lego.direct)

  My Own train in retail storeswas Re: Spiele Max

G'Day Yes, I was refering to the "My Own Train" series. Spiele Max (German toy store) is carrying all five cars and the KT205 black engine. What other stores will be carrying the line? Can anyone at Lego answer? Cheers Oliver Play Well "Saskia van (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

(...) <snip> (...) At 30 now, I have the same memories of being thrilled seeing the Lego logo on letterhead sent to me. I still get a thrill whenever I come across those letters (which I also have stashed away somewhere). Getting the kind of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

Jake, I think it is disappointing and a bit sad that Lego would reply to letters from children in such a manner. In your post you mentioned this - (...) ask (...) You are correct - children are extremely intelligent. (I'm often stunned at what my (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: <snip> I can agree with all of what you said and still feel that giving blow off answers was wrong. Write in a style that's accessible to children and a style that's funny, and appropriate to their age (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

Personally, I think that these jokes are a bit rude. Disclosure of information has never been a problem with the lego company, so why the sudden confidentiality? I can only form an opinion based on the two I saw in the post. In Australia, we only (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

(...) I wouldn't go as far as describing it appalling. I would find some of the responses in bad taste. I find them really dumb, and not really fun (or funny for that matter). I have seen some corny, dumb jokes, especially in kid's publications, and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

(...) Now hang on... I think "appalling" is a little too strong. (...) I'm not sure that I agree that the copy in question is "patronising". We do a lot of testing with the magazines (nearly every issue if I'm not mistaken) and fun stuff like the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

(...) This is appalling. When did this patronising of children start? When I was young I don't remember suffering this sort of thing. I remember reading my dad's Eagle annuals from when he was a child (60's) and they had fantastically detailed (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8461 in australian TRU?

Thanks, It's good to know that it actually *will* be arriving- the only other prson I spoke to said it may not turn up at all! -Matt (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 8461 in australian TRU?

My brother's just put a deposit down on one in a Toyworld store here in Brisbane. The best the guy in the store could say as to when it would arrive was 'sometime next month', probably late in the month, and that was all Lego Australia could tell (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  8461 in australian TRU?

Hey all, Does anyone know when the new 8461 (williams f1 car, for those who ignore numbers) will be appearing in australian (specifically, Adelaide) stores (TRU, MYER, DJ, etc...)? Got no help at all from anyone I have contacted, and don't really (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Sept/Oct LEGO Magazine

(...) These Q and As were also seen in the latest issue of the magazine we get in the states as well... I agree with your assessment, David, except that I'm not sure that just ignoring questions is good. Better to answer them but, if the info can't (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Jake - Williams F1?

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" <talonts@vfaq.com> wrote in message news:3D8687E9.CBA649...faq.com... (...) See (URL) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: will set 4535 (MOT train) be available to australia?

(...) I can see this being very useful information for train clubs to have. If a club is running a MOT(ish) train at a show it would be much easier to tell people "You can get one like it at Toys R Us" than to say "Well, you can get one like it by (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Semi on Ebay - Jake?

(...) In that case, it would have been a good idea to list that as the location when creating the auction... --Bill. (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Roadster Car for Minifigs

(...) Nice job ! I guess that TLG should go this way in town series ! The way of 6-stud-wide car models !!! 70's and 80's were the best times for 4-studs-wide models (MANY nice models !) and now I geuss is the time for a very new town models in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Harry Potter sets

(...) I think you'll often find that the retailers don't delay, but simply (such as in Australia) they haven't even got the sets yet. Having spoken a sales rep for my local BigW (think local version of Wal-mart) November is a much more likely date (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: will set 4535 (MOT train) be available to australia?

(...) This item is a Toys R' Us exclusive, so they won't be at S@H from what I understand. (If I find out this is not the case, I will follow up to this post) As far as how many TRU locations will stock this, I'm not really sure. Jake --- Jake McKee (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Semi on Ebay - Jake?

(...) Good question! Since our eBay auctions are VERY small quantities (in this case, 1), we have to ship from wherever the item happens to be located. It wouldn't make sense to send the semi to the US, when it is just as likely to be won by someone (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Jake - Williams F1?

Hi, The Williams livery switched from Compaq to HP a few months ago. Looks like LEGO made the switch as well... James (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Jake - Williams F1?

(...) (URL) More importantly, will it also come with the Compaq stickers? If not, (...) The scan of the sticker sheet which I saw had corporate logos from HP, FedEx, Reuters, BMW, Allianz(?), Michelin, Castrol, BR(?), OZ Wheels(?), and WorldCom. I (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Semi on Ebay - Jake?

(URL) are they shipping from Denmark this time? If you live in Denmark, it should be cheap, but 7 kilos is going to cost a MINT to ship outside of Denmark. -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Jake - Williams F1?

(URL) notice it has quite a few more pieces than the similar Silver Champion. Any idea what all the extras are? More importantly, will it also come with the Compaq stickers? If not, what happened to all of them that were printed? I'm sure some of us (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  will set 4535 (MOT train) be available to australia?

Will it be available to australia (either via retailers or via shop @ home?) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: New Harry Potter sets

(...) We try very very hard to keep all countries in mind for each and every program, product, and project that we untertake. These new HP products should be available in all countries in which the movie is coming out before December 1st (which is (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New Harry Potter sets

The sets is released in denmark the 20th September in stores.. so I suppose they will come in all European countries this day :o) Morten bricks4you.com on www.bricklink.com (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New Harry Potter sets

Amazing. The HP sets just arrived at my office (New York). -Erik (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New Harry Potter sets

(...) By retailers, do you mean US/Canadian retailers, or do you mean that all retailers worldwide will have the sets...and if US/Canada, can you please remember that there are people in other countries who will want them and could become rather (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  New Harry Potter sets

All, As of Friday 13th September, all the NEW Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets sets will be available for you to order via Shop at Home. In the next week, retailers will have the sets too. Enjoy! Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Lego direct in stores??

I was just browsing though the news.lugnet.com/general section, and came across the complaints about lego direct and retailers. I may not be the first one to bring up this issue, but feedback would be nice. I was thinking, could LEGO bring out some (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H US gets all, we get nothing....

(...) Nothing to discount over here with the Vendex/Blokker-monopoly, you're right. I hear Kruidvat is going to focus more on toys, you know that's already the place to be when it gets to discounts. Saskia (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: S@H US gets all, we get nothing....

You forgot to mention the special discount codes in the catalogs, like the 50% off on the off-roader recently. I phoned S@H Netherlands the other day and they hadn't heard about discount codes. They thought it very unlikely those discounts would (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  S@H US gets all, we get nothing....

Why am i feeling so bad... Is it because: - S@H US gets a nice bulk discount and we (Europe) still have nothing, despite that Jake announced it months ago... - S@H US/Canada now even gets free shipping and we ofcourse don't. - Here, in Belgium at (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train roof 6x6 in new colors?

(...) I am almost positive that LLC knows about this, and I just dropped an email to my contacts out there to check on this. I will let you know as soon as I hear back! Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train roof 6x6 in new colors?

Yeah, if we got 1kg of Model Shop bricks, I'd buy 4 or 5 BricksWest tickets if they let me get 1kg for each ticket >:-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Sun ONE Internet Technical Support, Sun Microsystems | Sun ONE Support - (URL) Please do not associate my (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train roof 6x6 in new colors?

Maybe, perhaps, around the time of BricksWest? I think that would guarantee a full house! JohnG, GMLTC (...) (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train roof 6x6 in new colors?

(...) Aren't "Red Letter Days" an international company? Do they have an American unit you could talk to? Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train roof 6x6 in new colors?

Gee, it's too bad LLC doesn't do something like this... <ahem> Jake, any chance you can look into an RLD for LLC? (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 11-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) ... (...) My thoughts exactly. It's so sad that it's funny, but it's still really sad. Especially when you put them on the same page like that. *groan* Mark W. (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Did anyone ever see the winner almost 3 years ago (when they put christmas lights around the winner image) with the really skinny, 8 foot tall tower? (yeah, they made like 95% of the image black because the image submitted was only of the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) I've seen worse, trust me on that. (...) Just to clarify, I have seen some models that are close, if not identical, to some of lego's official model, and some entries that have won, only under the factor of a different name or small (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

I'm very concerned. I just got up onto the builder of the month site (ostensiably, to check if my williams has shown up yet,) and some of the models are almost 100% copies of the models LEGO have brought out- these instructions are freely available (...) (22 years ago, 7-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Even more so, adding a link below each entry which says "Report this entry as a stolen photograph" may deter kids who are doing this. Are there ramifications for such action, like restricted access for offenders in future contests?? -Tim (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) I think that it would be a big help if you could put in some sort of "hotline" for reporting fraud. There are obviously a number of LUGNET users who visit the site regularly, and would be happy to report problems of this nature, but there's no (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Hear, hear. Actually, in one way, I'd say the mishmash colored MOCs represent more creativity, in that the creator refuses to be limited in what they can build by the lack of uniform colors. Frank (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Wow. I am catching up on some LUGNET reading and have made my way through the latest posts in this thread. Some of these comments are pretty harsh. My (Our) apologies for this mistake, and any confusion or upset it might have caused. There are (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Sheesh! What is this? I managed to get a quick look at some of these models, and I'm surprised they even made it past Lego's moderation basis. Doesn't anyone have standards anymore at lego? I do have to admit, though. The structural integrity (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

Wow. I don't know whether to laugh or cry*. Perhaps we should mobilize all of the AFOLs on-line to go there each month and vote for the model most obviously made by a six year old. Bruce *And if I cry I'm not sure it's because of the cheating or (...) (22 years ago, 6-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Maybe TLC's "All Knowing" Redini can explain why this is keeps happening. Just my two bricks worth. --Jack AFOL, St. Louis (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Of course, with last month's winning entry, it's been proven that cheaters do indeed prosper...great lesson for the kids to be learning there, huh? Matt (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) And guess what... (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) I believe it's higher now then ever (...) true (...) correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK, Amazon do not ship anything to Israel but books (but I might be wrong) (...) If you're looking for Mindstorms sets there not available though 'ROBOTEC' do (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

Interesting... Maybe Lego(R) enthusiasts should make some copyright and terms of use clauses to protect their work and the likeness. Watermarking images? -Rob (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) That's interesting, so in fact the importer actually did a good job (at least better than the situation now). because it's obvious the situation has been deteriorating over the past few years. Not so much in the price point of view (that was (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

To All, (...) Indeed. Does anyone else think that because of the reoccuring theme of theft of images, and TLC's apprarent lack of staff or monitoring to combat this, that this should just be shut down? With the thousands of LEGO oriented pictures, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) (URL) is a bloody shame... -Chris (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) On this same vein, one of the nominies for this month is extremely familar. I hestitate to call it a rip-off until I find the orginal. Anyone in .pirates recognize this? (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Yes, you were write, it was Kaufman until somewhere in the late 90's (I believe 97/98) but afterward (for some unknown peculiar reason) the import that Kaufman did stopped (some salesman from a little toy store told me) and that's why all the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) MECHES? AFAIK the import tax on toys is only 17% (I checked it when I started buying Lego on ebay) hardly enough to explain the 100-200% markup we're used to pay in Israel. (...) I suspect you are right :-( The chances are virtually zero, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) ... (...) Well, that's just sad! Mark W. (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) I assume that it's someone at LEGO who's responsible for updating this page which leaves me with a couple of questions: Do they not bother to even look at the page to make sure that it's been updated correctly? And if they did look at the page (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

The stolen picture won. Check out the winners page: (URL) guess cheating works. Bruce (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Isn't there nothing we can do to convince them otherwise? At the start there were less countries that shop@home did shipping and only a while ago they added countries like Australia, France and some others, could it be that they only taking (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) <snip> (...) Hey guys, I'm sorry to disappoint you, but there's not much chance of letters like that helping. I had a chance to talk to a LEGO employee who, IIRC, is pretty high in the marketing heirarchy, at Brickfest 2001. Her name is Peggy (...) (22 years ago, 4-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) Dear David I blasted both shop@home europe and shop@home US with alot of mails and got some responses on the mails and also a few letters about how the internet orders is relative new to them and how they want to try it for a while in only a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Oh, I'm just puzzled by the fact that it happened at all... I would think that if someone were submitting the same creation *again*, they'd use the same picture-- or a completely different angle. I wouldn't think you'd do something like (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Please have all products available world wide!

Hi, I hope LEGO can ship products globally, I love Legends and other S@H products, but there is no way for me to get them here(I don't want to get them indirectly)! Can LEGO just put them on selves or offer S@H shipping to other countries with (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

Where did you address it? email or an actual letter? I'd love to join your efforts and send my similar request as well. - David (...) (22 years ago, 1-Sep-02, to lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Got it! Must have been too long of a day yesterday! :) I did some checking, and we already noticed this and the fix should be forth coming. Thanks for the heads up! Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: time to get what we want

(...) My "crusade" started almost a year ago by trying to convince shop@home to ship to Israel also. The facts are we can't get in Israel Legends, MOCs, Mindstorms and the way things going this year most of the shops here brings cheap Chinese (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.il, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Hair/beards wish list (not only Castle, was Re: A NEW CASTLE Wishlist)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tom Stangl writes: Snip (...) Snip Just a few more thoughts, and if there isn't many more posts to this thread, then I might summarise it and post the final list in one of the Lego groups. More ideas, seeing as we have covered (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) walls (...) Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that these two images show the EXACT same model that and the content of the image is also exactly the same; binary difference or not :-) So while it may not be the same image, it is the same (...) (22 years ago, 30-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Here's a wierd thing-- did you notice that the images are actually a LITTLE bit different? The Nominee for this month: (URL) Winner in May: (URL) you switch back and forth between these images, you'll notice the May winner's image is (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Hi Jake, It's not the July winner, it's the one in the current voting that has the most votes, the "Valkarie" by Astrofreak1 is identical to the May winner: Also, as noted in this thread, another nominee from this month, the GTA Riviera by (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) May's winner is also the nominee with the most votes so far for *this* month. -John (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) I think I must be missing something... the July and May winners are not the same image. Sorry, it's been a long week, what am I not getting? Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

Thanks Paul and Bruce for clearing the RBR mistery up. So there is something fishy going on, but not by the original builder ;-) Now that you'ved mentioned it, I do remember seeing the Riviera on Brickshelf. It's a great model, no question about (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Hair/beards wish list (not only Castle, was Re: A NEW CASTLE Wishlist)

I'd DEFINITELY go for a shorter beard, Dumbledore hair, and Hermione hair in every possible color, as a new Service Pack. I think Lego could make some good money on such a pack. Forget about tossing caps and hats in the pack, as they always do, make (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Actually that is okay, I'd say (if it weren't stolen from Roger Rothhaar, as Paul pointed out). I rather enjoy the idea of taking a set and reworking it, like the 1592 variations: (URL) Kyle Peterson's Cross-Theme models: (URL) someone at LD (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) No, it's just a very similar design. And he happens to also have wood panelling in his basement and take photos with a power cord running along the back, just like the May winner. It is simply an amazing coincidince. I think it will be really (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) No, it's just a very similar design. And he happens to also have wood panelling in his basement and take photos with a power cord running along the back, just like the May winner. It is simply an amazing coincidince. I think it will be really (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How closely do TLC check the builder of the month entries?

(...) Actually, this model is Roger Rothhaar's RBR Derivative: (URL) is a great guy, but he ain't 15. This is another fake. I like the idea of the builder's gallery, but maybe it should be shut down if they can't get this stealing under control (...) (22 years ago, 29-Aug-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact