 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *4434 (-20)
  Re: You get to choose! -> IBERIA?

(...) Oh thank you a lot. I am very sorry because of I have not the vocabulary to say what I feel; happy, in one word. Probably, my first set will be Sopwith Camel, wonderful sculpture. My wallet and my girlfriend are not as happy as I am :-D One (...) (22 years ago, 18-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Greed?

(...) My guess is that LD was waiting to see how well the first one did before committing to doing any more. I'm sure there is a large lead-time for new sets like this, and since it was kept secret until its release, we have no way of knowing how (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: You get to choose!

(...) Since everybody else has, I'll give my opinion: I think this is great. We now have a chance to get great sets with highly inflated prices currently. I do not care if the castle or space helmet is slightly different; I do not think it matters. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Greed?

(...) and thanks for that. Sorry if I used your post as a periodic reminder to folks that not everyone is E1L and to keep it in mind.... (...) Roger that! Got any marshmallows for the campfire? (...) :-) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Greed?

(...) Thanks for elaborating on that! I too knew that English was his 2nd Language and therefore I endeavored to point out that the discrepancy may exist in translation. (...) I tried too… I hope I didn’t come across as impolite. I like Ben and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: Packaging Style (was:You get to choose!)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Lou Zucaro writes: <snip> (...) Actually I like it. Now if someone has returned the set after opening it, or worse yet, opened and plundered it at the store, there is no question about it. Also those heavy duty cardboard boxes (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: You get to choose! -> IBERIA?

OBRIGADO! :-) (Thank you very, very much!) This is a great day for us - shame I did not see this earlier... :-/ Anyway, thank you LEGO. It is nice to see you value our needs. My vows for the future: that the whole world can use this feature! Pedro (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Greed?

(...) Thanks for jumping in, HopFrog. And sorry to Richard Noeckel. My fault - I mixed up the two names.... Kind Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  RE: You get to choose! -> IBERIA?

YES!!!!! =D I was feeling a bit frustrated, when I voted for the LEGO Legend and not beeing able to use Shop At Home online to buy the released set (if/when my elected set wins the Legend status). Now I'm happy :) THANKS! mc. PS: The only "part of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Greed?

(...) Actually, Ben, I think you mean me -- I used the word first. There are two Richards underfoot at this point -- the best way to tell the difference between us is that the other Richard is younger and better looking than I am. =oP -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Legends Voting broken??

"Lou Zucaro" <lou@pause.com> wrote in message news:GuMp9C.Gr4@lugnet.com... (...) fixed (...) Using IE6 (with latest patches) on W2K Pro SP2 here, everything works fine. Well, not quite - I signed in with the same LEGO user name I voted with last (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Greed?

(...) Sorry Richard, English is not my mother tongue. So why did I use the word greed here? As a matter of fact I have not used that word since ever - I had to look into my dictionary to cheack the meaning of "greed". I only have used this word, (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: You get to choose!

(...) I totally agree! My voting experience sucked too, because while I had an obvious favourite (6390), I want them all. I have a funny feeling that we'll be seeing the four loosers in time for the holidays (and my money is on 6390 being the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Greed?

(...) Yes, perhaps it is. Ben is E2L(1), please keep that in mind, and sometimes that causes misunderstanding. Reading over your words and his, I don't find that much disagreement, believe it or not. (I'm in the camp that's glad any time Lego, in (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Greed?

(...) Nah, I could easily see myself buying one for the sheer desire to actually get my hands on something so phenominal I never had a chance to acquire. I think desire is a better word. (...) I've never seen anyone who hordes yelloe castle parts, (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Greed?

(...) Greed? GREED?? G R E E D?!?!?! Whoa… maybe you look @ the hobby in a different manner that I. But ‘Greed’ isn’t a term I'd apply to my ‘yearning’ for a 375. ~Perhaps your word usage is flawed? I don’t see anything gluttonous, or insatiable (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: choose: ERROR SCREEN

Yeah, same here, what gives and does anybody know the current standings? I want to vote for Main Street! Signed, Rick LUGNET member #540 (...) (22 years ago, 16-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: You get to choose! -> IBERIA?

(...) This has to be the best "ask and ye shall receive" I've seen in a while! Kudos to LD! LFB (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: You get to choose! (first none-"Wow"-answer)

Yes, I would agree...the legends and re-issues are all super. They are the ONLY new sets (other than a few Star Wars and Harry Potter sets) that I have purchased since '97. LEGO, are you listening? Like many others, I have spent thousands of $$ in (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Legends Voting broken??

Hey all who can possibly help... I keep trying to go to vote on which Legend I'd most like to see released next, but every time I click on the "Vote Now" link I get an error message saying that I've encountered an error on the LEGO web site. This (...) (22 years ago, 15-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact