 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1979 (-5)
  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

(...) Well as far as the overhead I think the two might be closer than you think. There is a lot of air in the Tubs so the tubs take up more space/part plus the lack of packaging on the bulk packs lower their overhead right away. My guess is that (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lugnet Promo Sets

"Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:3A8ADA23.398@mi...ing.com... (...) Wonderful idea, Frank! This would be really cool....LEGO? -- Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com (URL) - Centralized LDraw Resources (URL) - Zacktron Alliance (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lugnet Promo Sets

I'm curious as to how the promotional sets work. Is it at all possible that Lugnet could work with TLC to make promotional sets available? I'd love to see an assortment like the Shell sets (and I'm sure Lugnet would be happy for TLC to sell them (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

(...) I don't think it's "obvious" they can do better. I think the buckets and tubs (pretty much only available in the US and Canada I think) are almost a loss leader. I don't think they actually are a loss leader, but I strongly suspect they are (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Pricing (Interesting comparison?)

(...) Time for me to hop on the soapbox too. :) When I first heard they were going to make "bulk" packs available, my hope was that they'd do something like "1000 assorted white" for $30, and so on. The term "bulk" usually implies "large quantities (...) (24 years ago, 14-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact