 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1284 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts - web design issues

Claus Thiim wrote in message <051220002144501196%...ja.com>... (...) The zip files are OK for me... I just object to the pointless extra step. Kevin (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) My sentiments exactly!! (...) Price my also be a factor... Sincerely, Richard Noeckel You can reach me @ SHROUD_OF_KUNG_FU@Hotmail.com -Lego good, Canada great-® (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts - web design issues

(...) Indeed... I don't know if I'm alone here, but the zip files are corrupted and won't decompress fully. I'm using a Mac, and LEGO hasn't been very friendly to Mac-users in the past, so maybe everything's just normal... <shrugs...> (...) Odd... (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Suzanne D. Rich wrote in message ... (...) But the way they implement their press releases is just WEIRD. All the video and hi-res pictures are zipped (and of course since the original file formats are already compressed, they only get about 5 or 6% (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Suzanne D. Rich" <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:G54HvL.382@lugnet.com... (...) So that's what having your mind blown feels like. The possibilities become endless. The quest for the holy grail is at an end. I'm sitting here trying to get (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Ben Roller" <broller@mail.clemson.edu> wrote in message news:G54pu9.KEz@lugnet.com... (...) 1955 (...) make (...) Perhaps Kevin's site will somehow be involved. (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <3A2DBF9B.B4FBF12F@t...com.au>... (...) Look here: (URL) and you'll see this: "The LEGO Shop at Home, the largest LEGO store in the world, offers consumers from Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) www.brickshelf.com. It seems like LEGO (if they do it right) is going to make those scans obsolete. I'd like to hear from Kevin on this issue. Ben Roller (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Definatly cool! Of course there is bucklies chance of this coming down under for the forseeable future. (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

What you said, Baby! I wondered upon these issues almost immediately. Are they reinventing the wheel, or reusing the wheel that has already been made? -- Richard (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Oh. My. I just can't help but feel that everything is about to change WAY to quickly for any of us to keep up. OK, I have to much to write, and to little time to write it (or type-who cares). Don't you guys realize what this means for all of (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Well, as exciting as this is (and it's a HUGE step in the right direction -- one can see that at last TLC is starting to "get it"), one has to wonder at the limitations. I presume that the software/sets will be limited by brick type and color (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Hmm, that is odd. It looks like the list came from the dates page listing[1], which lists train clubs as well as general local user groups. Well, on that page I just added a graphic and a link to the world LUG Map, which includes the new (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Nathan Falslev" <nfalslev@netscape.net> wrote in message news:G54o7E.GuF@lugnet.com... (...) creation (...) How about the part where it states that all instructions to sets from 1955 onward will be available online? Second paragraph on this page: (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Quoting from the article: "...builders will be able to build any three dimensional creation using free software to create building instructions for their model - and then order the appropriate number and type of bricks" -- Torben Ballegaard Sørensen (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

This is the part that gets me excited! "In 2002 LEGO builders will be able to build any three dimensional creation using free software to create building instructions for their model - and then order the appropriate number and type of bricks." (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Hey Robin,You are right about helping LTCs,Brad has offered help(plates etc.)for our train show next month.He said they are have helped train shows in the past(PNTLC and others)and will increase this help in 2001. (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Hooray! Hmmm, LEGO is using Quicktime for their video. Hopefully they aren't going to leave us Mac users out in the cold when the Design-your-own software comes out. Still, I stand and applaud their support of... US! Yahoo! ~Mark "Muffin Head" (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

This is great news, it look like people are getting recognize by the LEGO Company. There is a new hope for AFOL in the future... Maybe more support for LUGs, LTCs, group events and conventions? Who knows, time will tell? Robin Werner Greater Florida (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Hmmm,hey Tom does this mean we can design and order sets with garage doors?Or sets with dare i say MONORAIL! (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact