 LEGO Company / 618
Re: LEGO fires CEO Plougman - concentrates on bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 20:37:31 GMT

In lugnet.lego, James Stacey wrote:
working link ;)
http://www.lego.com/eng/info/default.asp?page=pressdetail&contentid=3380

yay to bricks

   I wonder if this means they may reverse the color issue.
   I'm hopeful.  In part, this is because I have already heard--
   from within my own family--concern that LEGO's quality control
   is slipping because "these bricks don't match."  Consumers
   won't recognize it as a shift issue; they'll compare these
   new bricks to their old ones and think something is wrong.

   That's going to hurt sales, but more importantly it's going
   to hurt customer satisfaction and the perception of the brand
   among the public.  I have never heard a valid reason for this,
   and they're doing it stealthily so the public is left to make
   their own interpretation, which is never a good thing in a
   pessimistic world.

   KKK, save us!  (Fortunately, LEGO is the only context in which
   I would utter that. :) )

   best

   LFB