 LEGO Company / 588
    Re: Update on color issue —Robert Passman
   Thank you Jake, and hi all. I'm sure I might get flamed and/or hate mail for this but..... LEGOs are TOYS, a CHILD'S PLAY THING! TLC is in the business to make toys for children to play with. Yes, the adult/collector base is large, but the child fan (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Update on color issue —Chris Phillips
   (...) If the color of the bricks means so little to him, is Little Timmy or his mother any more likely to buy LEGO because one grey is lighter than the other? Regardless of what percentage of their sales we adults represent, I still don't know too (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —Mark Tarrabain
     (...) Yes yes yes... we know, we know. Colors won't entice kids where color doesn't matter into buying more LEGO than they already do, so this change seems aimless. But I have a suspicion that's not the point of this whole mess. Having thought about (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Update on color issue —Chris Phillips
     (...) Thank you for providing an answer to this question! Believe it or not, I am not going to debate you on this point. I know this discussion became tiresome for all of us a long time ago. The main reason it keeps going in circles is that a lot of (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —Scott Lyttle
   (...) Nope..that's exactly the point. Remember that most children don't have enough Lego bricks to make huge color-coordinated MOC like most of us AFOL's. To most children, the fact there are Lego bricks is all they need. Color coordination doesn't (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —Chris Phillips
     (...) Care to venture a guess as to what percentage of sales TLC projects from the Pick-a-Brick walls in the new Retail Stores? From what I've observed in the stores, these sales are driven almost entirely by the AFOL market. And I'll tell you that (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Update on color issue —Tim Courtney
      (...) I've seen many, many more parents and kids fill cups than AFOLs. Though we do have a handful of AFOL regulars who come in and pack cups. -Tim (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

         Re: Update on color issue —James Trobaugh
     (...) I was just at the LIC in Orlando yesterday and I can say that the PaB was doing quite well with the general public, I had to keep pushing those pesky kids away so I could get to the bricks I wanted ;) jt (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

        Re: Update on color issue —Adrian Egli
   In lugnet.lego, Scott Lyttle wrote: snipped (...) I certainly did not have the 100,000+ bricks I do today but I certainly had enough of an idea to make my creations color coordinated as a kid (as did many of my friends and cousins who played with (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)