 LEGO Company / 57
56  |  58
Subject:
Types of service offered for bulk ordering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:50:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I wanted to know what you all (especially Brad:) thought about the types of
bulk ordering we will be able to do in the future from Lego Shop at Home (since
according to Brad's latest post (http://www.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=463) all
order fulfillment will come from them).

Currently, we can order ordinary sets in quantity, purchase tubs and accessory
sets (though I've heard these two are being discontinued), and the new Just
Imagine Bulk Paks [sic].

In his initial post (http://www.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=7), Brad described a
system where we would be able to "commission" production runs of a particular
type of piece, if we could all come together on the minimum aggregate order.

In a followup post introducing "bulk ordering"
(http://www.lugnet.com/lego/announce/?n=14), Brad describes the Just Imagine
service, and indicated that Lego Direct would be developing a more formal
system than mine for logging our requests--in the context of future prepackaged
sets. However, he makes no mention of what we have discussed and desired quite
a bit on this forum, the ability to come together as a community to commission
production runs.

So, do we still think that Lego will be offering us the commission service? Do
we still want it? Do we think there are any other types of service that Lego
Direct might offer us in the future that would meet our need to build higher,
faster, and farther?