 LEGO Company / 496
495  |  497
Subject:
LEGO Roadshow in Baltimore
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 04:56:42 GMT

My son and I went to the LEGO Roadshow in Baltimore today.  The event appeared
to be a great success.  My son certainly enjoyed it.  I had previously thought
that the event was underadvertised, but there were plenty of people there.  Any
more and it would have been too crowded.  As it was, we never had to wait more
than a couple of minutes.

WAMALUG had a display table.  Very nice in a pretty small space.  I was herding
my son too much to really give it the attention I would have liked, but what I
saw was very good.  I believe the WAMALUG table was my son's first ever
experience seeing a moving LEGO train.  He was pretty impressed.

I greatly appreciated it that LEGO did the whole thing sort of low-key, in the
sense that they did not appear to be actively pushing the new sets, or trying to
sell anything in specific.  Of course, the whole point for LEGO is to stimulate
sales, but I really appreciated the soft sell.

I think the part my son liked best was the chance to build, both as one of the
four organized events, and also freeform, especially with lots of other kids
around.  I think my favorite thing was that 3/4 of the event was air
conditioned.

-John.