 LEGO Company / 448
Re: Problem with shop.lego.com?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 19:53:35 GMT

Peter Young wrote:

I've just tried it and it appears to be coming up fine for me!

I've been having problems with it in Netscape. I'm finding it less and
less worth running a browser other than MSIE, there are just too many
web sites which don't work right on Netscape, and WAY too many which
cause Netscape to go out for coffee for a minute or two, and I love how
some sites (like eBay) seem to cause Netscape to carefully draw the
whole screen, and just as you are ready to click on something, Netscape
decides it's time to reload the page (and every once in a while then
proceeds to go out for coffee...).

Even in MSIE though I find lego.com painful to use. It is just so darned
slow (and when it's slow at work, it isn't net bandwidth, actually, even
at home, half the time my browser is sleeping, the little modem transmit
lights on the task bar aren't lighting up).

Frank