 LEGO Company / 348
Re: Petition to Lego for more Legends
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 03:07:12 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Justin Jacobs writes:
Currently, I am forming a petition to send to the Lego company requesting
Legends to be released for all sets made during the 1980s and I need your
help!  Please check out
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=15731 for information on how
you can help.

-Justin-

In spirit, it sounds like a good plan.
However, I like a balance of <new> stuff vs <old, classic> stuff.

The kind of approach you are talking about would require Lego to stop ALL
other production, and concentrate on ONLY on Legends for the next several
years.

There would be no other My Own Creations, no manufacturing space for
potential expansion of their bulk accessories (whenever they decide to
expand it), no room for any other endevour (like custom-designed set/
piece fulfillment, projected to happen in the next year or so).

I don't see why they can't put out a new Legend every 3 months, well 2
Legends would be better).  Maybe have 3 smaller legends every 6 months, and
1 larger legend.

So, because of the reasons I mentioned above, I do not want my name on the
petition, however, good luck anyways!!

Benjamin Medinets