 LEGO Company / 3403
Re: Introductions and News
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2005 18:17:23 GMT

   Early Exclusive Availability of the Ocean Odyssey Designer Set (#4888) Junior FIRST LEGO League Experience Display

I got two of these at the event--I built one--it’s a really nice set! I’ll try my hand at a set review in the near future. (in a nutshell--it’s a must buy!)

I think we’ve got the T-shirts at the outlet (adult sizes in Medium, large, and XL) for 12 bucks each. Front of the shirt is the FLL’s “No Limits” logo on the front, and the a LEGO logo, with the FLL event description on the back.

Give the store a call if interested: (678) 847-6078

Displays by DixieLUG and the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC)

On Saturday morning there will also be LEGO model exhibits and layouts presented by both DixieLUG and NGLTC, and will be located in the foyer -- next to concessions -- just outside the FLL pit area. Some of the attractions (descriptions courtesy James Trobaugh) will include:
  • The first public showing of the Cincinnati Union Terminal project

pics can be seen here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=127248

  • The world famous Rail Racers, Drag Racing LEGO trains. Here the visitors will be able to try there hand at head to head racing of some of the fastest LEGO trains in the world http://www.railracers.com

  • Mark Staffa’s award winning fair ground models. Mark’s operating fair rides where a huge hit at Brickfest 2004 and will be on display for the public to view.

  • DixieLUG will be presenting a Moonbase display based on the popular AFOL moonbase standards.

pics can be seen here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=126817

Students from 36 states and 16 countries came for the FLL event.

The whole weekend was a great time! If you managed to be at the LEGO Retail Booth around 10 AM, they had a special visitior--Kjeld himself!!

(Jeff even helped out at the Brand Retail booth for a bit throughout the weekend)

Incredible turnout for the club displays and the Brand Retail booth.

If anybody has the time to be a FLL coach, or can attend next year’s event, I strongly suggest it! It’s a busy, high energy, mile-a-minute event, and it gives you great hope seeing these high school students using their intelligence, innovation, and creativity in an event like this.

Scott Lyttle