 LEGO Company / 3243
Re: LEGO Factory updates and insight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 22:48:52 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Joe Strout wrote:
In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee wrote:

The LEGO Factory competition is a first generation project and will be
continuing to develop. In the next 24 months, you will see a continual
expansion of the 3D technology (including a MacOS LDD for late summer! -
check out <http://www.legofan.org LEGO Fan> for a screenshot)

Wow!  That's fantastic!  Finally, I (and my family, and most of my friends --
what can I say, we Mac users tend to travel in flocks) will be able to
participate!

Now, how can I send your Mac developers a free pizza, or otherwise encourage
them to stay late at the office?  :)

Simple! Use LDD, post your models, and get your friends, family, and colleagues
to do the same. Nothing drives a developer more than working on a successful
project. (That an a never ending supply of Mountain Dew)

The Mac version is good news, even though I'm not a Mac user.  It shows there is
commitment to this project and I think that's great.

One question... will there be any further work on the PC version to try and
correct the video driver issues?  Some PC users have still been left out of this
fun exciting competition (and obviously future ventures with LDD) until the
driver problem is resolved.  I know the program is free, so this isn't an
official complaint... just a friendly, "here's hoping something can be done."
:)

Thanks Jake.

Best regards,
Allan B.