 LEGO Company / 3240
Re: LEGO Factory updates and insight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2005 21:38:12 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee wrote:
   I’ve noticed that there’s been some concern surrounding the rules and implementation of this first contest. Let me first say that we fully acknowledge there were a few issues in the process, and are working to resolve them now for the next contest.

A first step is always a learning process, and I hope everyone tries to keep that in mind. I was very jazzed about the introduction of the contest, and although I didn’t win, I still am looking forward to the next iterations of this project.

   As I’m sure you can appreciate, this contest concept was a new direction for us to go in, and we’ve learned an incredible amount over the past weeks. We will be launching the second LEGO Factory competition soon (around late spring) and there will be new rules and functionality to make for a better participant experience which all consumers can trust. We’re working on new functionality such as a multiple angle model viewer, a new voting process, and new contest rules.

That’s very good to hear. This contest had its share of learning curve for everyone; I’m glad that the lessons are being translated into positive changes.

   This competition is just the start and we hope the fans continue to help in growing and furthering the concept.

Count me in. :)

Kelly